Instagram

24 March 2012

Shanghai Cafes and Fu Dan University Canteen food

Okay, apologise for all that exceeding bandwidth crap below but they'll revive next month if you're interested in the food images for the post below.

So after Christmas (inserts *sad* face), I went to stay at J's hostel and in his very squeezy but cosy room hahaha. There was a post office directly opposite his hostel and I had to resort to sending SGD$100 worth of stuff back home cos my luggage had no more space to contain all my buys.


After all that hassle, we ate this! It's one of J's fav. food in Shanghai and it's very much like a sushi. I can't stand eating sushi cos they are cold and yucky so I reheated mine using a microwave.


Contains sausage and egg and mayo. YUM!

 


J stayed on the 6th floor of a block and there were NO LIFTS so we had to lug my and his luggages all the way up and this is his tired face after we were done with that ordeal LOL. We lazed about for a bit before walking to someplace nearby to visit the cafes there.

 

J went to do some laundry and that's the laundry auntie's cat!

 

That's the pub his friends and him frequent of which you can see its state when there's still sunlight and a very hip lady wearing bright pink polka dot PJs to buy some food. Her outfit definitely made heads turn.


It was one of the more hippie streets that had various cafes, bookstores and small restaurants where some university kids hang out during their free time. On the day that we went, it was pretty quiet on the street though. If you walked further down, it will lead you nearer to the train station where the shopping centers are and there is a Walmart there!

 


Have no idea what these boards are for. I'm guessing for deco but they look like skate ramps as well to me.


OFOD


Cute baby we spotted along the way. The grandma was so cooperative and asked the baby to pose for us haha.


Here's Jesse showing me how to be a teapot. Must say his turn out is pretty good.


We crossed the street to where the cafes were at. I passed by this Sculpting in Time Cafe once and thought it to be interesting as it had an intriguing name. We ended up having coffee at another coffee place down the road though cos Sculpting in Time didn't allow photos in the cafe.





So here we are at the other cafe but I don't remember what's the name of it anymore :/ They had pretty cool lamps though and the owners had two dogs roaming around the cafe.


Got myself a mocha


Wasn't able to order much so we just ordered a plate of fries to share since we were meeting some of his friends for dinner later on.


Decided to go budget and headed back to J's hostel to have dinner at his school's canteen.


Their double boiled soups only costed $1 a pot!


The canteen was HUGE and it had a lot of chairs and tables to accommodate many students.


In Shanghai, you order rice by its weight and they will portion the amount out that you want for you. This was my plate of food. I didn't like their rice because it was slightly hard but I believe this entire plate cost about $1. what in the world...

  
And this is one of J's friend's plate of Jiao zi's. He managed to wipe off most of them and I'm pretty amazed by it. That's one huge plate of dumplings!


Here's J's best friend in Shanghai. His name is Brandon. The two of them practise Bromance when I'm not around LOL.

No comments: