Instagram

25 March 2012

Exploring around Shanghai Fu Dan University


Got up the next day to have lunch with Brandon at a local eatery around the corner. 


I heard within the 6 months that J was there, they closed a short while for renovation before reopening its doors to public once more.


Their menu was hung right behind the cashier so you order before you actually take a seat inside. We went pretty early on a Sunday I believe so it was still very quiet inside.


This was the famous SALTED EGG YOLK XLBS! Omg. It was SO DARN GOOD!
I could possibly eat 10 or 20 more. 



Fish dumpling soup. 


Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice. The portions for this was so Huge. I miss the braised pork rice I had in Taiwan. They came in small bowls and cost 25c per bowl and they were SO YUMS.



The Banana Bar that J's friends were talking about which was located beside a dump. haha


After lunch, I did some roadside shopping in a bid to finish using some of my cash in China and then J took me on a visit around Fu Dan University. Their university is so picturesque it doesn't even quite look like a school. It is true that almost everyone rides a bicycle around the school and there's even a NUS sculpture in the school LOL.

 

I think this is one of the main buildings in Fu Dan University. There are various faculties as every other university would have so the land space that the university occupies is pretty large.




Here's me being silly cos I wanted to take a photo with the conifers behind me and I was worried someone would chase me off the campus grounds if I stepped on the grass lol. So I was being cautious.


Gotta love the state of my 'mermaid' hair back in December. That's what my hairdresser said it looked like. Surprisingly, my last perm really held out these curls pretty well. They lasted for about a year odd I think until all the curls were left at the bottom half of my hair and they became these sort of messy waves. My hair's kinda losing its curls so I might have to go for another perm soon :/



Why does their school look so dreamy and 梦幻? I am jealous.




<3



They even had gardens in the middle of the school and this is just one of the many gardens. 


Me and my trusty $60 black coat from H&M from the H&M launch collection in Singapore and it has done me so much good during the trip.


Some kitty cats that look pretty fierce and scary


Look who I found!






They have very cute traffic lights and different traffic lights for cars and bicycles. The ones with the images of bicycles on it were for the bikes and now it currently says, GO for bicycles and pedestrians and STOP for vehicles.

We went for a korean dinner with 2 other Singaporeans who were on exchange as well and very sadly, the korean food I had at that restaurant beats all of the korean bbq I had in Korea before I flew for Shanghai. That is FRIGGIN SAD. I need to go back to Korea and spend a blast on their food for good old BBQ. and Chicken Galbi that's for sure.

3 comments:

estars said...

This is a lovely entry! I went to fudan for an exchange just a year ago and can relate to a lot of the stuff you have written and the pictures taken. I miss sh so much, i'll be heading back there soon! :)

estars said...

This is a lovely entry! I went to fudan for an exchange just a year ago and can relate to a lot of the stuff you have written and the pictures taken. I miss sh so much, i'll be heading back there soon! :)

Amelia K said...

Thank You for the lovely feedback! I really had a great time there thus the amazing review and hype on shanghai! haha. You should go back soon I miss the food there! (: