Instagram

22 March 2012

Bi Feng Tang Restaurant in Shanghai


Bi Feng Tang is a chain of restaurants as I've learnt in Shanghai selling traditional Chinese food with servings of Dimsum as well. This Cantonese eatery has a great variety of food and somewhat reminds me of our Crystal Jade restaurant back home.


This was my first meal alone with J in Shanghai and yes you can tell we were pretty excited cos it just means, FOOD GALORE! hohoho. 


This was like You Tiao wrapped in Chee Cheong Fan Skin. Super awesome especially when paired with the soy sauce that came with it. There was a good amount of stuffing in the You Tiao as well and I believe it was like prawns and century egg? I'm not sure since it's been so long and the menu that I brought back has gotten lost somewhere..




This dish consists of a type of vegetables that J has claimed that not many people like. But I'm a big fan of it after trying it! Actually, it's probably not the first time I've eaten that sort of vegetables but I simply do not take note of what sort of veg it is. It is stir fried with pieces of ham and peppers and was very fragrant with the porridge that we ordered.


We ordered CRAB PORRIDGE! Look at that huge crab shell embedded in that huge bowl of porridge just for the two of us lol. The porridge was the sticky sort of porridge since it was a Cantonese eatery and I love it. There were a great deal of crabmeat in the porridge as well as crab eggs! YUMMO.



Ordered some pork ribs as well as they are our favourite.


This is actually Carrot Cake. It looks different but taste pretty much like our normal carrot cake without the crispy portion.


FOOD SPAM! We also ordered two glutinous chicken rice wraps as you can see from the picture above. So stuffed after the meal but the food was so yummy and definitely a place I would re-visit the next time I'm in Shanghai or China for the matter of fact. Extremely value for money and extremely delicious food.


Thumbs up for them!

They have many outlets in Shanghai I believe but I'm just gonna leave you with the address of the outlet that we visited along Huai Hai Lu. It is also pretty awesome as it is open 24 hours!


Bi Feng Tang (避风塘) is located at 175 Chang Le Lu,
Huai Hai Zhong Lu
near Maoming Nan Lu, Metro Line 1 Shaanxi Nan Lu Station Exit 4
长乐路175号, 近茂名南路, 地铁1号线陕西南路站4号出口
Opening Hours: 24 hours

No comments: