Instagram

01 March 2012

Group Therapy Cafe


This is a super backdated entry and should be up way before this but I kinda forgot about it after I was back from my holiday last December. So.. before I left for my trip, I met up with the Pluckies for a Sunday Brunch. It was quite a wet and cold Sunday so I was glad I suggested this cosy cafe for us to try out. I was the earliest haha.


The cafe is located along Duxton Hill. The last I was there, I realise a few cafes popping up in that area. They have a very quaint bookstore down the road as well.


Their menu changes quite a bit, depending on which day you visit them. We went on a Sunday and they had their Sunday Brunch Specials. Didn't order anything from their Specials list though

Here's a sneak peek of their interior. The space isn't very huge but that's what makes it cosy.




Their front counter


I got myself a cappuccino


and Poached Eggs with Smoked Salmon, Gruyere Cheese and Hollandaise Sauce drizzled generously on a bagel. $15

They do serve granola (for the healthy-conscious ones) and pies and quiches as well


A close-up. Look at that nicely poached egg and hollandaise sauce!


Yummy egg yolk oozing out...

It has been about 3 months so I honestly can't describe the dish very well, I think, but I vividly remember it being very rich. The sauce went very well with the Salmon and bagel. I'm honestly not a huge fan of Salmon but this wasn't that bad. The gruyere cheese did give it a little unique taste but I guess it's cos I wasn't used to it. I do know for a fact that Americans love gruyere cheese though. If you're not familiar with Gruyere cheese, it is one of the most famous Swiss cheese and said to be one of the finest cheese for Baking. The bagel wasn't tough, unlike most other bagels.


Shaun and Wendy. Please ignore Shaun's fingers making that funny sign. We asked him why he did that and he decided to do the twist sign instead, which was much worse. haha



Found a Jamie Oliver book lying around on one of their bookshelves. I wanted to bring the book home so badly!


Deana's really feathery clutch bag.

 


Just realised that Wendy's eyes look REALLY SCARY in the last frame. Her eyes are too friggin huge I swear.


We hung around the cafe for really long before deciding to pop by town. Here's us deciding on how to go about fitting us all in Shaun's car haha. He has a tiny tiny car for a man like him. I like it though. The black and red combination really calls out to me and I think it's a super compact car. Not one that I would purchase though haha

 

Wendy wanted to visit her friends who happen to be the Abercrombie models 0_0


So here's us visiting them and looking at girls, ladies, women, grandmas being all excited over them :/ Okay, their bods are great but not all of them were cute. This is exactly how long this post has been backdated for.

 

Gotta arrange another meet-up soon of which the rest would actually turn up! Oh and in case you haven't noticed, my photos are up once again! Scroll down to look at photos you've missed out on. :D

No comments: