Instagram

15 March 2012

Open Door Policy

This is an outdated post which happened some time early February. I was very diligent that day and woke up extremely early to go to Cineleisure to buy movie tickets for J and I before sending my Cloud Gate artistes off to the airport. Took a train back to town again for the movie.

 

OOTD.
Gold and Black dress worn as top from FEP, Jeans from F21, Necklace from F21, Cardi from Zara, Oxfords from City Plaza, Skull bag from Shanghai, Watch from BCBG.

 
 

It was so long ago, I don't recall which movie we caught that day anymore. Right now, I just can't wait for The Hunger Games to come out! :D

After that, I went down to Tiong Bahru to meet the girls for dinner at Open Door Policy located along Yong Siak Road. Brought J here a year ago for Books Actually's sale and we tried out the coffee brew at 40hands as well. This was a belated dinner gathering for my birthday although it didn't quite feel like it cos my birthday had already passed and we didn't had any desserts or cake lol.


It was a Sunday and the restaurant was pretty empty when we arrived, slightly before dusk. Love that their menu came in the old school sort of notebooks as well as their brick walls.


Had to order a brew of their Latte. I thought their coffee was alright. Nothing too special but not bad coffee as well. I think I'm generally alright with most coffee except for diluted and non-espresso ones.

 

I had the Roast Pork Belly with Black Chorizo Cassoulet, $29.

Wasn't expecting too much out of it honestly since I didn't had that big an appetite that day as I had a bite before heading for dinner. This dish got my appetite working up. The pork was so juicy! Am not too sure what chorizo cassoulets are but they paired really nicely with the pork belly despite them looking like a black mess. Looks can be deceiving!



This is taken when I cut into the pork belly. Look at how juicy the meat is! Pork belly usually has a layer of very thick fats but this one isn't that fatty, allowing the meat to crisp very nicely on the top. It has this very lovely reddish brown color that made the dish very appealing.


This was taken with my iphone. The wonders of iphone cameras lol.


Cais had the 48 hour cooked braised beef cheek with mochi potatoes, carrot puree and snow pea tendrils, $29.

She said she had read great reviews about this dish but wasn't very impressed with it when it arrived on her table. Do try it out for yourself and be the judge!


This was the Slow Cooked Bolognese with Rigatoni ($22) that Jan ordered. It comes with a helping of grated cheese on the side.

 

After dinner, we popped by SocialHaus which is a recent addition to the cafes along Yong Siak. They serve wines/spirits as well as beers and the girls' favourite truffle fries as well. I got myself a glass of Prosecco cos it was Happy Hour and I deserve to be happy (:


Open Door Policy is located at 19 Yong Siak Street
(Yong Siak View)
Tel: +65 6221 9307
Opening Hours: 12 - 330pm, 6 - 11pm. Closed on Tuesdays.
Brunch available on Weekends. 11am - 3pm

No comments: