Instagram

04 March 2012

Premium Outlets Malaysia (Johor Bahru)

J and I visited Premium Outlets a day ago. I was quite excited when I got news about it opening actually because having all your favourite high end brands at an outlet price is usually exciting news to anyone. Having Michael Kors on their storefront list made me sit up even more as I was looking out for a watch by MK and was hoping it would be at a better price in JB I guess.

The trip there was quite fuss free. We took a bus in and had to only change buses once at the checkpoint. J and I took bus CW6 in from Boon Lay Interchange since I stay near there. Alternatively, you could take a bus in from Jurong East etc. Do check the Premium Outlet website for more details! You also have to pay a bus fare for the bus and it's about $4 per person. The website says $3 though. Anyway, if you're thinking of taking the bus from Boon Lay, the bus isn't located inside the air-conditioned interchange but outside Jurong Point, along the road near the outdoor food court. It's the really longgg bus-stop where the taxi stand is (if you know where I'm referring to)


The bus looks something like this.

Be sure to go through customs swiftly because you'll be taking the same bus from the Singapore customs to the Malaysian customs as well and the buses have a tendency not to wait for people. So if you miss the bus, you'll probably have to wait 30min - 1hour for the next one and you don't want that happening! 0_0

Thereafter, you have to take JP02 from the Tuas checkpoint to Premium Outlets. The Boon Lay bus goes through the Tuas checkpoint and it's faster because Premium Outlets is located nearer to Tuas. Alternatively, if you were to take from Woodlands and go through the woodlands checkpoint, you have to take JP01 I believe. You have to pay a separate RM4.20 for this. I have no idea why they don't provide small change so be prepared to bring small change of Malaysian Ringgit? This bus will take you straight to Premium Outlets and the journey is about 30min long.

We were trying to take note of the exit and route the bus took so if it's possible, we'll drive in the next time we wanna pay a visit. I'll actually say that I recommend driving in if you dare and if you did your homework to check for directions since you wouldn't wanna get lost on the Malaysian highway. Alternatively, you could wait along the highway for a Premium Outlet bus to pass by and just follow suit behind! LOL. (I'm so smart) I recommend driving in as you have to pay about $14 to and fro for the buses and if you're gonna be buying many bags and shoes, you don't really wanna lug everything onto the bus and when you reach SG, you still have to carry everything back home.


The place isn't very huge but it houses all your high end brands and some not so high end ones like Cotton On, Charles and Keith, Padini and Vincci. I know they do have security located outside Burberry but other than that, it's basically walk-in stores where you can walk in and try on the items or view the items off the counter.


 

We had lunch at Absolute Thai, one of their restaurants there. They do have a huge food court though located on the first level. Singapore does have Absolute Thai as well at Orchard.


Their menu is in the layout of a newspaper



Their interior looked very cosy and simple as well. I like the brick-wall surroundings.



Might have come as no surprise, but we had a mini lunch explosion again by going crazy and ordering so much food. The family of four sitting beside us only had 3 dishes so they kept looking over at our table. Here's what we ordered:

1. Absolute Thai Combo RM18.90
(consists of Thai money bag, Thai fish cake, deep fried prawn wanton and mango salad 3pcs each)
2. Green Curry Chicken RM16.90
(you could opt for beef instead at RM 17.90)
3. Stir fried Minced Chicken with Hot Basil Leaf RM16.90
(this dish is usually in Pork but it being in Malaysia and all so everything's Halal)
4. Pineapple Fried Rice with Prawns RM14.90
5. Stir fried Kway Teow with Hot Basil Leaf and Seafood RM14.90
6. Mango Juice RM9
(tasted more like mango syrup mixed with water)

The water wasn't free as well and you had to pay RM6 for it. Overall, the food was not bad! J and I especially like the Green curry. The consistency and spiciness of it was just right and there was so much meat in it! I like the pineapple fried rice as well cos it was very fragrant. Haven't had pineapple fried rice in quite a while..



 

They didn't have my watch at the Michael Kors outlet there so that was pretty disappointing. But it's okay. I got a cheap thrill from taking a photo with the Smarties mascot! haha. Yes, they have a shop in there selling chocolates as well. The price of the chocolates aren't exactly on sale though. Same goes for the items at Cotton On. I got some stuff from Charles and Keith since the rest of the items were like, beyond my league or something and also since I couldn't spend any money on my MK watch ):


We had quite a good time there though. The shops were so-so but we had fun laughing at mothers letting their boys run naked in the water fountain and having everyone around watching them doing so :/ It was quite a tiring day for us also cos we had an impromptu gathering at Ryan's for dinner and MJ for the girls, Starcraft for the boys. At 3am, I was probably the only girl still alive and not bored while the rest fell asleep haha.


My loot for the day. I have a random obsession for pink lately. My obsession for red has morphed into pink. wth. haha. I scored a pretty good deal on all the items I think except for the belt which is about the same price in Sg. It's a belt I've been wanting to get from their past season and still resisted myself from their last sale in Sg. Kinda regretting not getting the same pair of heels in Snakeskin or Black ):

That's all folks! (:

No comments: