Instagram

18 July 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2


The most anticipated ending to the Harry Potter series is finally out and I caught the movie on the 2nd day of its premier in Singapore with a few friends. I've heard that this installment wasn't as great as some of the rest but all who started with the series have to finish it, right?

In lieu to this exciting event, Corinne (or was it Enrique) suggested dressing up! Turned out they didn't in the end so only J and I were dressed up like Hogwarts kids. It was actually quite fun dressing up for it anyways, like you were being part of the whole movie experience (sort of). We got pretty much alot of stares for that, good stares I hope. These 2 girls insisted on taking a photo with us when we were collecting our tickets at the counter because they were so excited to see us haha.


I must say we did quite an excellent job dressing up. All the items were from my cupboard and I didn't specifically went to buy anything which was great. The wand was hand picked on the ground amongst a few fallen tree branches by Jesse and it was an excellent look-alike wand! I didn't have time so I brought a brown chopsticks with gold trimmings but his wand was totally ownage.

 

  
Red chiffon top from BKK, Black jumper from BKK, Striped tie from SAJC, Mustard scarf from BKK, Pleather pleated skirt from a flea, Black socks from Cotton On, Black fur boots from smXues (Steve Madden), Owl ring, gladiator ring from BKK, Red pendant ring from Forever 21 and Wand from natural surroundings.


For losing to us, Jesse wanted Corinne to swish the wand in front of the entire theatre and shout "Expelliarmus!"



 

I lent Corinne my owl hairband which I got from Daiso a long time ago for $2. Have no idea why she covered her entire face with the hoodie though. I seriously ransacked and brought anything I could think of that has any relation to the movie. I even brought the foxy tail which was supposed to be representative of my 'pet' at Hogwarts.


If you're interested to know, i actually hand-drawn the Gryffindor badge and pasted it on my jumper.

 

We had a late dinner at Sun with Moon prior to the movie and I simply love that place. Will go back again to try more food and do a proper blog post on it.


Here's me looking goofy with the wand. Jesse claims it's the Alder Wand.

 

Had a great time and the movie was enjoyable, although I know that most and many people will condemn the movie and say it's not exciting enough, not a great spectacular ending enough and the fight scenes are too short and not outstanding enough. This is only probably true because our expectations for the last movie in a series would definitely be higher, much less with the Harry Potter experience. But if you read the book, the ending wasn't supposed to be marvelous or anything. It was just simply to serve as a conclusion to Harry's unceasing fight with Voldemort.

And as the lights slowly light up in the theatre after the last scene of the movies, I was still trying to come to terms with the fact that, this is the end - no more Harry Potter movies to look forward to. All we can do is just to relinquish in the fact that Harry Potter has definitely become a world phenomenon and I want to thank JK Rowling and the cast of the movie for bringing us on such a magical ride from primary school days till today. It has certainly been an adventure.

Now, we just wait for the next big thing to happen.

No comments: