Instagram

19 July 2011

Art Stage Singapore


This is seriously way past overdued as Art Stage Singapore happened on our shores some time during January. I haven't had the time to scan through all the photos that I've taken at the fair as there were so many! The art exhibition was held at Marina Bay Sands and it was my 2nd time there. I was there with Patrick who happened to be my Lasalle friend and is currently working at the Singapore Art Museum, hence the free entry.

The space was sectioned out into corridors and corridors of spectacular visual art. I was truly amazed and it took us a good 3-4 hours to scour through the entire exhibition. The photos that I bothered to take were of artworks that I really love (which are so many). There were probably hundreds of artworks in that space, it was simply breathtaking. The people involved in the exhibition really did an excellent job with this one.

 







Takashi Murakami!
If you have no idea who he is, you are totally missing out. He is one of the most influential Japanese artist is proficient in painting as well as in digital/media related art.

If you are totally materialistic, you should know him as the designer for Louis Vuitton bags.





This was an exhibition of bottle-paintings and definitely one of the more impressive artworks there. All the bottles were hand-painted with an image. I wasn't entirely sure if the image was painted inner surface of the bottle (you know like those painted in China) or on the outer surface.



Here you can actually see the flaws in the bottle - symmetry not being very even. But i'm so impressed at the detailing. I think I possibly stood infront of these bottles for a good 15 minutes. (could have stared at them longer if Pat didn't constantly remind me that I do not have much time to cover the entire exhibition)





The structure on the left is a hanging one. Hung so precisely that it seems perfect from far. On the right, we have a lone stand-still sink that is filled with liquid containing an image of a red heart.



This is made up of jigsaw puzzle pieces if I'm not wrong...


Ronald Ventura from the Philippines

One of my favourite artist and collection from the entire exhibition. He did exhibit at Lasalle once before when I was still a student on campus.


How can you not fall in love with his quirky sense of style, seriously?


Cherry blossoms created out of...


COLORED PINS!
<3




I am totally a sucker for awesome well-blended paintings. In my eyes, this is true perfection.


 


Crazy crazy illusion sculptures


This reminds me a little of Pollock's work from far, but if you look closely, the branches are all painstakingly painted in branch by branch! I wondered how long this artist took to accomplish this piece of artwork! Impressive.


If you do not have a care for Art, you should at least recognize this figure.


EVERYTHING YOU SEE HERE IS PAINTED.
Awesome trompe o'leil technique. I always surrender myself to these artists because they are way too good. My trompe o'leil piece for A levels didn't even come as close. Probably because what I painted was a life-sized cupboard and I didn't have time to finish up the details of the things IN the cupboard.


The artist was so detailed he even added the scrunched up effect that the rope makes to the 'paper' at the corner of the canvas to heighten its realistic nature.




ALL PAINTED.
You should have already come to realise by now that I'm a sucker for paintings.




These are cut-outs from used vinyl discs. The larger spaces are probably easier to do but the tiny bits using a laser cut-out might have been a little tricky. These are great for home deco.




This was a cute art project to design a sweater for a giraffe, a real giraffe of course. This was just a sample figurine. So imagine this sweater blown up 20 times its size. They did exhibit an actual sweater but I thought this image just tells a thousands words.


I like morbid stuff and especially anything to do with visual arts.

 


The draughtsmanship executed by the artist is simply mind-blowing.





Shall end off with one of my favourites from this exhibition as well.


These were made out of recycled jeans. Such a cute project.



This is me 6 months ago standing under some psychedelic light.

Really enjoyed myself at the exhibition and if you have missed it, hope these pictures have brought you a trip around the exhibition itself. (possibly only 1/100 out of the entire hall) Do leave comments on my blog/formspring me as I would like to get to know some like-minded people viewing this blog.


Last picture of Pat scrutinizing the Marina Bay Sands navigation panel for a place to have dinner. I think we ended up heading back to City Hall for a drink at Starbucks instead.

No comments: