Instagram

12 July 2011

The Clift

I got invited by a friend to The Clift, which is a service apartment right smack in the middle of the CBD area and where I used to work. It's located along Telok Ayer Street and right opposite Amoy Food Centre, of which I used to dread going to work every morning because of the cobbled floors and unsheltered path to Amoy Street. I honestly do not miss the lunchtime crowd there.


I was shocked when I stepped into the lift lobby on the first floor as there sat a security guard with a HUGE I-MAC. wow.


We have been there twice. The first time round, Eugene very kindly catered for us. Awesome pasta and pastries. I also took this gathering opportunity to bring all my leftover beers from Beerfest (which was like a whole crate) over so everyone can enjoy! (:





Sipping on champagnes and beers




This was the view from the 31st floor. It was a sight! Perfect spot to sit and watch fireworks on National Day (which hopefully I won't be around if my short getaway works out well...)



After meal activities = Monopoly deal


This was minqi trying to dance with the tail.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that there were areas, nooks and crannies on the 31st floor that has like mini infinity pools, mini jacuzzis (I think there were about 3-4 jacuzzis on that level) and even massage tables for couples to enjoy. It's like a couple heaven and it feels more like you were living in a hotel instead of a service apartment or condominium for that matter of fact.

The other great thing about the place was the POOL.



This is the awesome pool that houses an AQUA GYM. How cool is that! It means that you can go on the treadmill and other gym-ing facilities and not break into any sweat.



The girls moon-lighting and catching front row seats whilst waiting for the boys to arrive to surprise Eugene with a splash in the pool.





This was the 'infinity' sauna which overlooks the amazing view as well.


We had a BBQ at the function room the next weekend and we had alot of fun, making a lot of noise... The boys were playing beer pong and there was noise and cackles coming from the kitchen where you see people trying to open bottles of wine using a pedro shoe and knocking it against the wall till the stopper comes out because there was no bottle opener -_- 

I didn't take many photos as I arrived late due to work and was too busy eating and laughing at random things. Gist of it was, 2 iphones went swimming in the pool and we got scolded by the security guard very badly because nearly all the boys got pushed into the pool. hahaha.

Photo Evidence


This was a few of us hanging out by the jacuzzi looking like we were in a heated discussion


Shu, who just graduated from law school!
I feel quite blessed with the fact that I know many future lawyers and doctors :D

No comments: