Instagram

13 July 2011

District 10 Bistro Wine Bar


Dinner with friends over at district 10 a few weeks ago to celebrate Jac's birthday. It is a small bistro tucked away at a discreet spot behind Newton Hawker.



Birthday girl




I believe this was the Duck and Mango Salad; $18


I had the Crispy Duck Confit which was apparently one of their best-selling. It comes with sweet and sour onions, sauteed potato wedges and red wine gravy. $26. Very yummy. The skin was extremely crisp although some parts of the meat tend to be slightly tough. Otherwise, it was very tasty.


Jan had the Bangers and Mash and according to her, it was one of the best bangers and mash she has devoured in her life. The dish came with oven roasted pork sausages with buttered mashed potato, onion gravy and braised red cabbage; $19. You could see her practically scraping the last bit off her plate! (which goes to show  how yummy it was) I always had this idea that I will never be full if I had ordered a bangers and mash because essentially, it is really after all a few sausages resting on a mountain of mash with gravy drizzled all over. Which is why I seldom order it. Only on certain occasions of which I feel really stuffed.


Homemade duck spring rolls which either had mushroom or onion bits in them, I can't remember. Jan couldn't have them as the taste and smell of mushrooms irks her. These are $14 per serving of about 5-6 spring rolls.


For dessert, we ordered the Chocolate Godzilla Platter; $14, which was served with profiterole (awesome cream puff), brownie, brule and gelato. Everything on this platter was delicious and I especially loved the profiterole! Actually no, I think I loved the chocolate brule as well. I can't make up my mind as to which I like most! Definitely a dessert value for money.



For after-meal drinks, I decided to have a coffee affogato as I need a kick of coffee to keep me awake. Was really tired out from work that day. It came in a really interesting presentation as you can see from the image above. It was like a glass cone resting in a bowl of ice.


Delicious end to a meal.


District 10 Bistro Wine Bar is located at
10 Winstedt Road, #01-17
Singapore 227977
Tel: 6738 4788
Email: contact@district10.com.sg
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday (Including Eve of Public Holidays)

No comments: