Instagram

05 October 2011

Xw's Chocolate Buffet at MBS The Chocolate Bar


Moving on, I drove Xw and I down to MBS. It was nightmare trying to find parking there that night because the carparks were filled to the brim. Eventually, we managed to park at the convention side because they converted an entire convention hall into a carpark. Yes, I parked in a convention hall with no lines on the floor to mark out lot spaces. You find a space, you park. It was like parking in a warehouse. Well, carpark better than no carpark I suppose?


Here's us waiting for Corinne to arrive...


I actually like this photo of Co and Enrique, if only it wasn't that blur.




The Chocolate Bar is located at Marina Bay Sands Skypark, Tower 2. It was initially fully booked but the waitress agreed to squeeze 3 of us in at 1030pm when I called to reserve seats. The buffet starts at 8pm and ends at 12midnight. You may think it's quite silly to pay $45 - $50 per person for a Chocolate buffet and only sit for 1.5 hours. Trust me, I thought it was silly too. (at first)


Chocolate Bread Pudding which I thought didn't taste very good ):




I obviously do not have many photos taken of the food because lighting was very bad and I was also too busy trying to stuff my face in chocolateeeee. Most of the chocolate was great, especially this chocolate mousse which also happened to be Xw's birthday cake of the day. I pretended to go grab some chocolate to ask the manager if it was possible for a surprise and she agreed in a heartbeat.


 

I think she was honestly quite surprised haha. (:



It is always great to read food reviews before visiting a place because I found out from the reviews that if you pay using UOB credit card, each diner gets a free glass of champagne on the house which was honestly a pretty good deal! I couldn't really drink that night as I was driving so I had probably half the glass.




We went down to the lounge later to sit and chat and it was such a great spot to chill especially in the wee hours of the morning.


Overall, the chocolate buffet at The Chocolate Bar was great. The quality of the chocolate was amazing on my tastebuds and you could definitely tell they were high-quality chocolates by tasting them. They offer 57 chocolate-themed desserts which had a range of tarts, ganaches, chocolates, cookies and other awesome stuff made up of premium chocolate. They also have a warm chocolate cake and ice-cream which is made-to-order. I ordered mine at 1155pm and sadly, it never came. They probably thought I was kidding about it ): 

Since it was on the Sands Skypark level, we managed to get a view of the city skyline from high up and the view was pretty amazing. You would probably appreciate it better if were nearer to the edge of the pool I guess. I read in the papers that day that they are fencing up the pool area to the general public, meaning people like us who went up just for the buffet or the visitors of Ku De Ta or silly tourists who pay $20 to go up there to see the view. It was done to provide the hotel guests with more privacy.

It was a fun girly night out for us.


The Chocolate Bar is located at Marina Bay Sands
The Club @ MBS, Sands Skypark
(Level 57, Hotel Tower 2)
Tel: + 65 6688 8858
Buffet Time: 8pm - 12am

No comments: