Instagram

22 October 2011

Rayner's 22nd at Sakura


We celebrated my brother's birthday at the start of the month at Sakura, an international buffet place located near SMU. It served a variety of food ranging from Chinese to Japanese to Western. It wasn't my first time dining at Sakura. I've been to the Orchard branch and Jurong sporting complex branch. The food was alright.. If you want to be picky, it definitely wasn't that great. However, if you are dining with your family, they probably wouldn't notice if the food was alright or fantastic anyways.


They have these number tags on every table and you could order chicken/pork/lamb steaks to be done in your favourite way of cooking it and they will serve it to your table. I ordered a lamb and it was so rubbery and chewy, I spent at least 15 minutes chewing on it before I gave up and either spat it out or swallowed it down with a big gulp of water.


 


This is my ah gong holding up the black board for Charisse to write on. I wrote the 'Rayner turns 22' for him cos I got a call in the afternoon requesting me to do so haha.


Honestly, these painty markers are so time consuming. I'll rather paint, especially when you're coloring in spaces.


The lights in Sakura, really really pretty. Probably the prettiest thing in Sakura actually. They had seats that were placed so close to each other, it is virtually impossible to move in and out just to get food. Very annoying.


Birthday Boy

 




My mom's side of the family also known as the people I grew up with.


The birthday durian cake that everyone claimed was very yummy. I think it was frozen a little too much actually. I'm also not that huge a fan of durian I guess. If I could have a cake, it should be in CHOCOLATE.







Sakura International Buffet is located at 
11 Orchard Road, #01-02
Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station
Tel: (65) 6334 8197
Opening Hours: 12-230pm, 6pm-10pm

No comments: