Instagram

07 October 2011

CM-PB


We had a short gathering for Ngiap's birthday at CM-PB last week. It has been a long time since the 5 of us actually got together to hang out as a group. probably almost a year ago?


CM-PB, short for Contemporary Melting-Pot & Bar, was pretty chillax. It was my first time there and it's a pretty nice spot tucked away at a corner of Dempsey Hill. They have some pretty awesome and interesting drinks on the menu but I couldn't exactly drink that night cos I had to drive home.


This was a Blancito (Kronenbourg Blanc Beer, Mint Leaves, Lime Juice) $14 which was pretty nice. I mean i've never exactly tried a BEER mojito before and I am all in favor with beer. It wasn't too sour which I like because I am very afraid of sour stuff. Like anything that gives off a very strong sour taste. You do not want to see my scrunched up face whenever I consume something sour.


I think Jon also ordered a Sake mojito which has exactly the same ingredients as that of the Blancito, just that they switched off beer with sake. Tasted pretty nice too. I think someone also ordered a Coffee mojito but I couldn't find the exact name for it on the menu so I have no idea what's it actually called but it was so good! I think it contains a shot of espresso mixed with alcoholic liquor. Definitely something that's up my alley.



 
 



Very low lighting conditions and since I was so tired, I could have sat on the couch and just fall asleep any moment.


I totally LOL-ed at this photo haha.




Not sure when's the next time we'll get to see one another again. Jon's studying in London and I think he misses London too much. Ngiap and Pete are studying. Viv's like always super busy. I'm always super busy as well. Worse still, I'm not quite into the whole socializing thing so I'm pretty out of touch when it comes to topics like the new friends they have met along the way at the parties that I've missed. I think I will always prefer small and close-knit group gatherings.


It's been almost 5 years I think. except for Viv and Jon whom I knew almost for 9 years. I still chuckle at the idea of how we came together as a group and looking back at now, it's almost the same except I'm probably the more stable one right now. Sounds like I'm talking about inert gases and reactive Group 1 metals. (my inner geek/nerd channeling haha)

As far as having friends who do not judge goes, these are the best ones to have around you.


CM-PB is located at
Block 7, #01-05, Dempsey Road
DEMPSEY 6ix AND 7even
Tel: (65) 6475 0105

No comments: