Instagram

18 October 2011

The Story of the Gyozas.

Misunderstandings are days where you don't mix someone who doesn't know her roads well with the notion of coming to pick you up. It is raining, there are jams, said she'll be late. 3 weeks ago, she mentioned that the gyozas at Sushi Tei were nice so you went to the nearby market in the rain to buy a packet of 8. To wait for her to come and surprise her with them. Then, you got a phone call and on the other line, was a very stressed person who had took the wrong U-turn and lost her way. She continues to be lost for 10 minutes and you're talking in a calm manner and offered to go and find her in the light drizzle. She tells you to stay where you are but has no idea where in the world she is also so you offer some help in directions. She continues to talk in a very loud stressed voice whereby I equate it to be of a slight shouting manner. You say very calmly, 'pls stop shouting, it's really not helping. I will go and find you'. I got the phone slammed down on me. Eventually, found her at a nearby kerb. She said I gave her wrong directions and that she got extremely angry because I said she was shouting at me. Also that, I had wanted to go and find her because she told me to stay at a spot and not move. Had to use my hand to shield my gaze from her because if she had caught me crying, I would have been scolded for crying also.

And here I was trying to remind myself, that I wasn't supposed to be stressed. I am not. You are making me become so. And now, you won't ever know that the packet of gyozas was bought specially for you.

No comments: