Instagram

01 August 2011

Singapore Flyer + Blk 216 Dinner

Last Sunday, I finally went on the Singapore Flyer. It was quite a touch-and-go event because there was honestly not much to do when you're in the capsule and not much to see either. It's just the idea of being 'on it' I guess.




I always had the impression that when you go on the Flyer, you'll just pay the ticket, enter the capsule and come back out. However, there was this small exhibition thing that everyone has to go through to get to the flyer capsules. Guess it wasn't very significant as I've never heard anyone mentioning about it before. I suppose it was there to regulate long queues as well.



 



Our beloved F1 track, which I'll be seeing alot of come September



At the top!


 
 

Proof that I was being slightly bored whilst on the Flyer


We went to their giftshop later and those chocolates really intrigued me. They were even Halal certified. There was also a flea going on at the Flyer that day so we went to take a walk and I think I ended up getting myself a ring. Went down to Peninsula later to get J new shoes for work and we managed to do all these in 2hours. Efficiency at its best.


All items from BKK except for; Shoes from Charles and Keith and Sunnies from Phuket

I got the long pleated brown skirt from a thrift store at BKK and it cost me less than $10! What I like about it is that it's an elastic waist and not a buckle kind which tends to bunch up in front whenever I wear them.


We went back to Jesse's place for dinner later. We were supposed to have steamboat but found out when we got there that his dad decided to prepare dishes instead. There was seriously alot of dishes.



The rice was cooked with yam cubes, mushroom slices and anchovies. Apparently, it's not that difficult to prepare and I should try it sometime for the family.


Favourite dish was definitely the spicy prawns

 

Bak Choi with Bacon and Sambal Squid


Caught the semi-finals of Masterchef before leaving for home. I caught the finale this Sunday and I'm so happy that Whitney won! She's only 22 can you believe it.

No comments: