Instagram

24 April 2012

Wicked the Musical & Coffee Bean Bistro


J and I were probably the last few people to catch Wicked the Musical. We caught is just last week, a week before the Australian Wicked cast ended their stay in Singapore and moved on to Seoul. So if you're going to be in Seoul anytime soon and have yet to catch the musical, you can catch them there! (:

I bought tickets for the both of us (I'm so nice) and it left a gaping hole in my pocket. Anyway I got the $160 odd tickets and the view was not bad. My brother managed to introduce me to this site whereby I got an additional 30% off the tickets so yay to that.


We had dinner at Coffee Bean Bistro before the show and I took a seat and ordered first as J was still on his way. The food came pretty quickly, but just in time when J arrived.

I got us the Roast Chicken served with sauteed vegetables and mashed potatoes in spicy and pepper sauce. $22. The chicken was tender and the sauce was really good but I preferred the pasta that I ordered to this.


Fettuccine with mixed seafood, garlic & chili in tomato sauce wrapped in Cartoccio, $26

There was a mix of Crayfish, prawns and scallops in the pasta itself and the sauce was slightly spicy and packs a whole lot of punch! This will definitely whet your appetite for sure.


Other than our mains, I also got a Mushroom Soup ($8) for starters. It came with garlic bread but they were seriously burnt so that's not good. Also ordered some Skinny Fries with Mesquite Aioli ($5) but the fries were alright and definitely nothing to write home about. Mesquite Aioli, as I learnt from the waiter, was some garlic cream sauce so I thought that would be nice. Needed a latte to perk me up as well so I got a really huge cuppa latte.

 

Overall, I think the mains at Coffee Bean Bistro were not bad but I would recommend you to skip the sides and just order a good ole cuppa coffee along with your food. The location of this cafe is excellent and it's right at the end of the indoor 'river' in Marina Bay Sands so it's definitely easy to spot.


They even have a device to call for the bill in case a waiter is not in sight. Ingenious!


 Was really glad I managed to catch the musical! I was told that the Australian cast is not as good as the casts in London or New York and so on, but I personally thought they were pretty good. The set was extremely detailed and I loved the choreography and everything that went into the production. I thought Jemma Rix had a great voice too, not extremely strong but very unique.


Coffee Bean Bistro is located at 
10 Bayfront Avenue, #B2-20
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
Tel: +65 6688 7001

1 comment:

Amelia K said...

That's really cheap for the tickets! Hope you enjoyed the show cos I definitely did (: