Instagram

22 February 2012

My Birthday and Room Deco.


My birthday this year fell during Chinese New Year period so I have guests over while spending my actual birthday at home. I did some minor uplifting to my table and threw out loads of things when I was spring cleaning my room this year. Made a trip to Ikea and bought $280 worth of stuff to organise some things on my table. Just realised that I didn't take a photo of the white shelf that I have placed on my table but on it, I've placed this old-school mirror frame which I got for a steal of $10 and my entire perfume collection with some ear studs.


See, I keep forgetting to take the white shelf along with the photo -_- So on top of the shelf, I've placed three of my M.A.C leaflets, a shiny Zouk invite, my favourite quote I got from the Andy Warhol exhibition a few years ago and a recent photo of my at Phuket. On the right are two black and white photos J and I took in HK earlier last year.


In the glass goblet, I've placed some awesome pebbles that I picked up from the Sun Moon Lake, also known as Ri Yue Tan, in Taiwan. It was really picturesque there and we sort of stopped to take a break there so I ended up picking up pebbles cos they were SO PRETTY. You can't really tell from the photo that I have there but the pebbles have nice intricate white swirly designs on them and if you think in terms of how they got that design based on geographical background, it is really quite magical. I know right, I can't believe I brought home pebbles from Taiwan, but I really love them. <3 Tied a ribbon that I saved from a teddy bear box I have received from J during one of my dance performances.


I change up my photo wall every year during spring cleaning so this is my current one. This is what I see every day when I'm sitting at my desk doing my work or surfing youtube and what nots.

 

Some photos I took in front of my vanity. I've bordered the mirror with some of my polaroids. I feel like buying pretty lights to border up my mirror but never had time to hunt for them.


This is hanging on top of my sofa area which I've finally cleared out. I've had the sofa for a year now but everybody claimed that this is the first time that they're actually seeing it because most of the time, it's just piled up with my clothes -_- (which is true) #sadfact. I've been wanting to paint a canvas to place behind my sofa but yes, lack of time is always an issue for me.


My parents catered food that day and the set up was an island setup at my corridor. A bit ranging on the extravagant side haha.



Took a picture of the unopened platter of sushi because the other platter had only a few measly pieces left. Lol at the white tag on the plastic sheet.

 

Soon kueh and this vegetarian dish that my grandma made which I love.



Sotong balls and egg potato salad with bacon bits!


We also had a popiah station. My family likes to do this during CNY gatherings. We somehow always have to have a popiah station somewhere. I'm still pretty noob at it because I will get my uncle or dad to make one for me somehow :D



This is the very nice popiah that Enrique made. Seriously looks like a popiah that can be sold! The rest of the popiahs that I saw either had spilling contents or a weird shape haha


My relatives sitting around and chit-chatting

 
 

My brother, mom, cousin, Ivan.


We went over to Minqi's place to visit her and Leilei for a while. I got my dress from River Island and am in love with it. It had lace sleeves and a sequinned bodice. Pleated very nicely at the bottom and had lace cut-outs at the waist as well. This explains the very lovely price of $300 also. BUT I got it when it was on sale and there was only one left in my size. (: It was reduced to $150 and further reduced to $100 when I was about to pay it. (I've no idea why also but that's ok! That's great!)

 

This is Lei Lei now and my my how she's grown so BIG since we saw her last! She was like this little puppy last year and she's so huge and fluffy now.


Lei lei and Ivan comparing tongues. So cute hahaha.


Minqi built an aircon kennel for Lei lei. Such a lucky dog! Even I don't get to sleep with air-conditioning every day haha. Okay, maybe because it's also bad for your skin cos the air will be so dry.


The dancers at my place.



My house was quite the gambling den that day. We had 4 mahjong tables around the house -_-



Time to cut the cake! J got me two cakes but I chose the flavour of course. He paid for it (: Got a fruit cake also cos my grandparents aren't keen on chocolate so a fruit cake would be good for them. Alaric was supposed to come so one cake was also meant for him I guess but he didn't turn up haha.

 
 

Oh the two banners you see behind me, they were written by some poet a long time ago for my parents. It has my parents' names in them. I thought that was pretty cool.




My family


Dancers


AC bunch

If you're wondering why the quality of this photo is so different from the rest of my cake birthday shots, that's because it's taken with my lousy one and not with Darrell's awesome Nikon which has an external flash that I'm super jealous about. The quality is seriously amazing. I have no money to buy flash. So sad. And his was free. ):


Nanyang girls


My awesome family (:


Grandparents <3

 

Here's me cutting my birthday cake. The fruit cake was so hard to cut cos it had a hard crust base. It was really yummy though! Cakes from Swissbake never goes wrong. Chocolate cake's from Awfully Chocolate.

 

Birthday kisses!


 


Had an awesome day though it was mostly making sure everyone had something to do and was settled in and all. So there it is. I'm a year older. And it felt like any other ordinary day, except with cake. Cake's always good. Makes us all happy (:

No comments: