Instagram

29 September 2011

Jing's Birthday at The Clift


So before the F1 weekend came, before I got shipped off to Mandarin Oriental for a while, we celebrated Jing's Birthday. It was a pot-luck party! I kinda groaned slightly when I knew it was a pot-luck, only because I was so busy and it would mean I would have to find time to cook up something literally. I didn't wanna buy something to bring along as well because everyone else would have been preparing. So I decided to read some menus in between train rides and bus services.


Introducing to you baked eggs with bacon! You need to understand this is the first time I ever tried baking anything myself. Baking a batter from Betty Crocker's DOESN'T count. The recipe is really very easy and precisely why I chose to do this because it required lesser effort I guess? I only had 2 hours to prepare for Jing's birthday including showering, cooking and all.

1. Brown strips of bacon on a frying pan
2. Lay bacon in a cupcake liner
3. Add a little butter on bacon
4. Crack an egg into the cupcake liner
5. Pop into oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 9min
6. Sprinkle cheese on top and let it melt

Voila!


It's actually pretty simple to make these. The only downside being it kinda sticks to the cupcake liner a lot, just like how a cupcake would I suppose. The yolk is kinda yellow as well, probably due to the kind of eggs I was using -_- I mean they probably weren't very A-grade eggs. I bought the cheapest ones that were labelled like GIANT brand eggs.


Funny enough, I was the first to arrive at 630pm sharp haha. I think we sat around for a quite a while till we gave up and started eating first. Here's Jing opening one of the many presents Max got for her from Aussieland.


 




An owl in a mug from Fredflare! Ultimate cuteness.


Really do not like Sushi. Debby insisted so I ate one. (:

 


Bonnie baked this chocolate tart and it was SO GOOD! The chocolate was superbly decadent and the crust wasn't very thick. The cream had a nice fluff to it and it wasn't too sweet. YUMMY.






I love this photo!



We sat around for a game of taboo later on and I like how taboo always brings laughter to people haha. (Especially when you have Josh and Ivan playing cos they say the weirdest things) Had to leave early to drive down to MBS for Xw's birthday after that! I have 3 good friends celebrating their birthdays at the same time and every single year, I find myself facing the same problem of trying to make it for all their parties. Glad I can make 2 out of 3? haha.

No comments: