Instagram

24 November 2011

Teochew Porridge - Home-cooked

Most people view having a good meal as going to a nice classy restaurant, ordering the most expensive or fine-dining selections off a menu and paying extravagant prices for a well-polished plate of food. I'm not against having good food at nice restaurants, but I'm not a big fan of fine-dining. I think paying $40-$50 for a main is extremely not worth it if the plate is going to have a few teeny-weeny pieces of meat.

On the other spectrum, I view having a good meal as one that you can eat to your heart's content and you don't ever want to leave the table because the food is SO GOOD. And, it doesn't have to be an expensive affair!


Nothing beats having a hot piping bowl of porridge on a cold rainy day. And please take a look at that lovely spread on the table which is prepared by my aunt. It had ALL my favourites. And the chili was self-made and it was the yummiest spiciest chili on Earth.

 

My newborn niece and my mom feeding her milk from the bottle


The two of them looked so excited over the baby that the idea of it is quite daunting and scary. Haha

No comments: