Instagram

28 November 2011

Roasted Chicken + Chocolate Pudding Cake


I made dinner for the family on Sunday night to make use of our brand new oven for the first time. I whipped out a roasted chicken and mixed vegetable and roasted potatoes. I was so happy when it came out of the oven. The skin was slightly crispy and the meat inside was so juicy and tender. YUM. Too bad I couldn't reduce the sauce slightly to make some gravy cos the chicken took about 1h30min to cook and with prep time, about 30min and by then, everyone was already really hungry haha. We paired this large chicken with plain white rice and it was filling enough for 4.



When the bird was cooking, I made use of the time to whip up a dessert as well. I do not have a blender at home or a food processor, so I literally whip the egg whites until my hand was going to break haha.


This was the end result. My very first attempt at baking. From scratch even! I honestly deserve a pat on the back haha.

The center is made up of 70% cocoa dark chocolate that my brother bought back from Australia but has been lying in the fridge. I melted the chocolate in a shot of strong espresso and placed them into ice moulds to freeze while I prepare the rest of the sponge. I didn't have a proper measuring cup or anything so everything was by gut feeling. Except for the flour I guess. I actually used a proper spoon for that cos I think if you mess up the flour, you will probably mess everything up.

My dear tasters have given good remarks about the cake so I'm happy enough. (:


Look forward to more home-cooked food posts because I have a new found goal to become a domestic goddess hahahahha.

No comments: