Instagram

15 November 2011

Jack's Place Restaurant

I used to visit Jack's Place pretty often at the West Coast Outlet when I was young. I can remember it quite vividly because it was the one along the expressway, so whenever you are driving past it, you will see it. Also because, it was considered to us as one of the higher end western dining back then, together with Swensens. My family LOVED Swensens.


Jesse had some voucher thing for Jack's Place so we decided to have our lunch at the Anchorpoint outlet since I had to go to Ikea that day. This is also one of those obviously backdated posts. We were super early during lunch time and were the first ones in the restaurant.

I think Jack's Place has created their signature with those green and white checked table cloths.


Mushroom Soup with Garlic Bread


We ordered the Mixed Grill Sizzling Plate which comprises of a whopping combo of sausage, lamb chop, chicken fillet, beef steak, bacon, complete with an egg made sunny side up.

$19.50

Since the two of us don't take beef, we managed to swop it for another piece of bacon. We should have swopped it for a chicken fillet instead because it was SO GOOD. Better than I would have expected it to be. It was extremely juicy and tender and the fact that I can remember how it actually tastes now says a lot since it has been 3 months. Loved the huge dollop of sour cream and bacon bits filling on the baked potato as well. I thought the bacon wasn't that awesome, which was a pity. The lamb was alright and the sausage was not bad. The egg could have looked more appetizing, but I'm just being picky about food presentation.


Seriously, look at the egg. It looks so smashed and mushed. I am obsessed with eggs so it has to look pretty to me. haha.

 

With a mere top up of $8.80, we managed to get a serving of the mushroom soup you saw earlier on and a dessert of our choice which could not exceed a certain price, probably $9? We got a banana split anyways.


Fresh banana with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice-cream topped with rich chocolate sauce and roasted almond nuts.

I believe I requested to swop the strawberry ice-cream with another scoop of chocolate because I'm not a fan of strawberry ice-cream. They just taste pretty weird to me, with all that artificial flavouring and what nots.


The next time I'm there, I wanna try the Ice-cream Profiteroles. Basically, they are cream puffs with custard and ice-cream filling. The menu states that it is drizzled generously with chocolate sauce. haha. Quite a steal at $6.20 but I'm not sure how many cream puffs will be on the platter.


I don't like cherries either. I don't think I hate the taste of it but I'll rather not have them so J is very lucky cos I don't steal cherries on desserts that we share.

Service was alright when we ordered our meal as we were the first ones there. Tip is to head there before lunch hour starts as Anchorpoint is always swarmed with office staff from the Telok Blangah / Redhill area so it got pretty packed into our meal.


Jack's Place (Anchorpoint) is located at
370 Alexandra Road
#01-09/10
Tel: 6475 9790
Operating Hours: Daily 11am - 1030pm

No comments: