Instagram

07 May 2012

May Mayhem


Hello! Time really flies by and it's already the month of May! I totally can't believe how fast this year is going by. It's currently exam time for my students so I've been pretty busy lately running around between locations. Since I've nothing much to talk about, shall tell you guys where I've been to lately.

1. J and I ventured into ANG MO KIO in search of Peranakan food. We've been there twice so I'm just in the midst of gathering up the photos to do a food post on that. The ability for us to travel to Ang Mo Kio for food just simply amazes me. lol. But on our way there, we spotted something interesting!

 

It is a device that allows them to tap their EZ-link card and the traffic light will allow for longer crossing time. Haven't seen that anywhere else in the west of Sg that's for sure.

2. Visited Shanghai Dolly last weekend. It was extremely cheena-fied but in a good way lol. There is a stage where performers come up to sing and there are even dancers! Will upload some video footage when I have the time. I seriously wonder how much they earn cos 1 of them really can't dance :/ In between singing sets, where they sang superbly awesome KTV songs (cue KTV singalong session), there's also English DJ sets where 'clubbers' can go onto stage to dance! Had fun looking at uncles dancing. We even had a magician entertain us at our table. The boys went crazy and ordered 4 beer towers that night alongside other bottles of liquor. Some beer overload there.



 The guitarist is actually Tim's friend and it was super hilarious cos he was so tired that he was leaning against the wall and playing the guitar with closed eyes HAHA!

3. Caught the play Trainstopping by Sight Lines Production. It was a local comedy directed by Derrick Chew and featured a stellar cast including Darius Tan, Celine Rosa Tan and Siti Khalijah. It was pretty hilarious I must say.


The show was presented in the chamber of Arts House and it was quite a while since I've been in there. The last time it was on a Lasalle field trip. Quite a good setting for the play I must say. Certainly resembles a 'train'. However, the acoustics of the room were definitely not as great as a proper theatre.


4. I got some scents from a new shop at Marina Square. Love the shop and their packaging is awesome. Can't wait for their cosmetic line to come up.



Lots and lots of soaps! They also sell bath bombs and I got one cos it smells so good haha

Shall leave you with some hilarious photos of Pancake:



No comments: