Instagram

22 January 2012

Seoul (Ewha Womans University Area) & SNSD!

I am currently taking a breather from spring cleaning my room so I shall take some time to blog! My room's slowly coming together (I think). A week ago, I bought some new drawers and shelves and am absolutely in love with them. Will take photos when I'm finally done packing!



On the last day of our Seoul trip, we went to Ewha Womans University to do some sight-seeing and shopping. Ewha was a popular hangout for university students in Korea and was possibly the best location to shop in Korea cos it's where you can find the cheapest clothes and greatest deals.



Believe it or not, this is a poster advertisement for plastic surgery. The transformation is too drastic! We were all very amazed at it haha. If I ever feel like I needed plastic surgery, the first thing I would do is book a first flight out to Korea. (Hopefully, I don't have to.) I know I am starting to get fine lines around my eyes. It's quite sad but I'm not like majorly depressed over it or anything. I think the operation ordeal helped in the sense that, there are seriously better things to worry out there other than getting wrinkles and fine lines. Really.




Korea has lots of street food for you to choose from if you ever get hungry at any time of the day.


A cute salon that we by. The exterior decoration was so adorable!

 


We had lunch at this family-style little restaurant. The two owners were so friendly. Besides us, there was also a group of Hongkong-ers having BBQ meat there.


Yummy beansprouts. The food there wasn't very good. I ordered a bowl of ginseng chicken soup but having ate the famous ginseng chicken a few days ago in Korea, nothing else could quite match up to it. The soup was slightly bland but it was this lack of robust flavor in the broth that made it very homely.


The owners were having lunch as well and they made themselves a bowl of this kuay-tiao looking like dish. They must have caught us staring at their food so they gave us a bowl to taste! Omg it was so yum. Definitely better than the dishes that we've ordered.


This was their tiny cooking area at the back of the restaurant.


We finally reached the Ewha shopping area! There were these guides that could provide English, Mandarin and Japanese information for tourists.


Shoe galore! But most of them weren't very cheap..


Another one of their underground shoe shop


This is Corinne and her obsession with fruit candies.


Looks enticing eh? Unfortunately, I don't do well with sugar overload except for chocolates.

 


An awesome egg pancake thing that I absolutely couldn't resist


It was very fluffy and it was the perfect healthy snack on the go.


Another item that we tried was this black sugar pancake thing that was sweet on the inside. Very yummy as well!




We spotted a neoprint shop across the street so we decided to take one as well! I haven't taken a set of neoprints in ages and it's becoming so expensive in Singapore anyways, wonder how the teens are able to afford them.

It was about 6,000won in Korea for a set of neoprints



Decorating our neoprints!



We passed by a supermarket on the way to the train station and headed in to take a look. They even sold rice cakes which I wanted to buy if I didn't had to worry about my overweight luggage.



We decided to packet random food and head back to our hotel to have a simple dinner with some soju that we bought. This was the owner of the roadside stall near our hotel that I always frequent to have chicken kebab sticks.


Our simple dinner feast consisting of dobogi, gyozas, black sugar pancake, chicken skewers, maggie mee and soju. Ended up having dinner while watching a SNSD documentary on some tv channel. (:





Having dinner with the girlfriends <3


A few neoprints and this concluded our trip to Koreal Seoul and we were onward to Shanghai the next day! It has been an awesome experience in Seoul. I really enjoy the food and the scenery and even the weather, despite it being freezing cold but you don't get cold weather in Singapore, ever.

A while ago, J's friend was telling him that she spotted J in a food blog. Turned out, the blog was mine haha. I wouldn't even consider this as a food blog although I do take a liking to food photography. I find it amazing that a well-taken food photo can make your stomach growl and make someone hungry and craving for food just by looking at it. I know I spend a lot of time trying to take photos of food whenever they arrive on my table and it's usually when I'm eating alone or just eating with J that I get the best pictures taken. No stress from hungry people staring at me haha. Yes, so, it's not silly that I spend a minute on every food item snapping at every single angle possible because compared to other food photographers, a minute is like not substantial enough to produce a nice photo.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE READING THIS!

I'm gonna end off with Genie by Girls Generation, only because I'm hooked to the song.


No comments: