Instagram

08 January 2012

2012 New Year's Resolutions


I hope it's not too late to do a post on my New Year's Resolutions, but better late than never right? Used to do like a summary of my entire year on the last day of the year just to sort of reflect on the past year and what I like or disliked about it, what sort of revelations or emotions I've had. However, it's obvious that I'm too lazy for that these past few years. So here are my resolutions for 2012!

1. I think this shouldn't come as a surprise but I need to start taking care of my body. Maybe try to take some vitamins and to drink 8 CUPS OF WATER a day. (and soft drinks/ can drinks do not count) My condition has been justified as intermediate so I guess it makes it the more risky and therefore the need to take care of my body. Eat more fruits and vegetables and try to lay off fried food if possible.

2. Pay more attention to skincare I guess. My mom has just signed me on for some facial package so I need to make sure I take time out to go for them at least once or twice a month. (I say this because I always get very caught up with work and never have the time to go for them) Also, I just packed my dresser today and I bought loads of face products from Korea (which I'm intending to use religiously).

3. Take up jogging when I feel better. If I can't go back to dancing, there must be a way that I can keep myself fit by. I always feel extremely lazy and I HATE jogging but we shall see.

4. Control my expenditure on make-up and skincare products. One trick is to step into Sephora less often haha. Crap I really do have alot of products and I shouldn't be buying so much. (I give myself some leeway for limited edition collections) Other than that, I really need to lay off. (I know that Sephora recently launched the Naked2 but I couldn't buy it cos I'm stuck at home!) (AND mac has an amazing collection coming up)

5. Just generally spend less and save more. Honestly, I don't think I spend alot. Maybe slightly above average but definitely not out of my means. But I really gotta save this year. I think I went overboard on my expenditures last year. The previous year I was scrimping and saving too much, I went for months without spending money on food outside and go home to eat dinner or maggie mee. Yes, it's possible not to spend on food. Need to go back to saving mode this year. I NEED MY SAVINGS TO TRIPLE ITSELF. ):

6. Try not to mess up my room too much so it saves me the hassle of always having to pack. I don't like it when someone else packs my room cos I feel like he/she is intruding into my own personal space so I always have to pack it myself. And then many a times, I give excuses.

7. Sell stuff off! I need to join maybe 1 or 2 fleas within first half of the year and sell all my old stuff away and give those unsold to charity. 

8. Next year, I really wanna go to Japan I think. or visit the usual places. Shall wait till my aunt's place in Melb is done then visit so it saves me on lodging!

9. Need to start working on my plan. No time to lose!

10. Cook and bake! This one should be easy although buying ingredients really costs a bomb. (unless you secretly include everything in your weekly grocery list) hehe

11. Be more patient towards my students and less quarrelsome with J. (although sometimes, it's really not my fault seriously) Be less feisty and less bitchy about certain things, though usually I have no one in particular to bitch stuff to haha.

I think that's about it! If there's more, I'll probably add it to this list or something. Hope I'll stick to my resolutions! Shall end off with a photo we took on New Year's Eve where I wrote on the back windscreen of a random car.


No comments: