Instagram

10 December 2011

The White Rabbit


Corinne and I had a girlfriend date last Friday at The White Rabbit. It seemed almost too appropriate and girly, the two of us dining at the cosy church-turned-restaurant and since we've never been there before. I really like the atmosphere of the place somehow. It wasn't very quiet but it still seemed pretty serene in a way. Must be the lighting.


I was too lazy to bring my Nikon out of the car so most of the photos you see here are from Corinne's Canon after my itchy fingers decided to do some slight editing.



I like the fact that they serve you bread before your meal begins whilst you're waiting for your food. I used to like that alot about Cedele since they had their own bread bar but I think they actually charge for the bread serving now, which I was very disappointed to find out during my last visit there.

 

Here's Co and I with our food.


Co ordered the : Stuffed Boneless Quail
stuffed with foie gras, mushroom duxelle, roasted asparagus and morel sauce
$38

The meat was really tender and the foie gras wasn't too overpowering. I have not tried quail before and I think this quail was cooked really nicely.


I ordered the : 48-hour Braised Short Ribs
wrapped in bacon and topped with carrots, sauce bourguignon on a layer of pomme puree
$36

I loved the slightly charred taste of the pork because it was such a rich flavorful kick to your taste buds. Bringing J back to have this some time since he's a big fan of pork. I literally swiped off every last bit of it from my plate. Yum.


After we had dinner, we went to the back in the hopes of taking some pictures but it was so dark and we got attacked by ants! Felt so squirmish after that.


We headed down to Ben and Jerry's for some live music and some ice-cream.




 

Ended up crashing Enrique's place watching a Korean channel and an episode of New Girl because Co refused to go catch a 1am movie saying she'll freeze inside the cinema haha. It was a great girls' night out! (:

The White Rabbit is located at 
39C Harding Road, Dempsey Hill
Tel: +65 6473 9965

No comments: