Instagram

10 December 2011

Crispy Chicken, Carbonara and Apple Crumble


This is the very reason why I feel like cooking up something every other day. My new oven is such a beauty. (okay, it is technically my Christmas present from my Mom this year) Thank You Mom. You cannot believe how longggg I have waited for this day. My previous cook top had an oven as well, but it hasn't been used for 17 years since I was a kid so it lost its convection abilities. Have waited for this day for ages!


Crispy Chicken with baby cherry tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, roasted potatoes, vegetables and hard-boiled eggs. So happy with how this turned out.



Penne Carbonara with Bacon and topped with Basil leaves



Invited the girls over and please look at Xw's hungry face haha. It was a very satisfying meal no less. We had lunch and caught The Parent Trap on Tv which I have probably watched about 30 odd times in my lifetime. Love the show!

We went down to buy some apples so that Co could make her wonderful apple crumble for us for dessert later on.



Before the crumble went into the oven! We had a few slices of the apple crumble when it was done while discussing our itinerary for the upcoming trip to Korea. (CAN'T WAIT)

My Christmas Wishlist
1. A Food Processor (I seriously need one of these)
2. Oven-proof Souffle Cups
3. Anything kitchen-related apart from cookbooks


I saw this the other day and it was so cute but so expensive too! My mom refused to get it for me ): It was a heart-shaped serving bowl which came with a heart-shaped wooden spoon! How adorable is that please. It was about $50+ though. Very pricey.


They had serving bowls in other designs too! Including a star-shaped one, a chicken one and a cat and rabbit one! I want them all! Lusting over your dream kitchen is seriously a far-fetched idea.


For supper that night, I made a bacon cheese sandwich with two of the remaining strips of bacon. It was such a heavenly treat at 11pm.


Yum! and till next time (:

No comments: