Instagram

02 September 2014

Wandering heart

I don't have a wandering heart. My heart has always been still. When I like someone, I try as best as possible to make things work, even if sometimes it may involve compensating. I may not be the easiest person to please. Yet, on the contrary, I'm the easiest person to please.

I just want love. Wholehearted loving. The affectionate loving. The sharing of emotions loving. I would like very much to be on your priority list and never ever leave that spot.

My friends say I'm too nice for my own good. I have heard this phrase being said to me for over a decade. I thought, over the course of heart-shattering events, I would learn to be less nice. But, I never got there. Did I? I can't even stand up for myself at home. Just because I care for my mom's feelings too much. I don't want her to get hurt. I wonder how long more I can live in a home that isn't a home to me.

I like to travel because I like to escape. As if, escaping ever helped anyone.

Maybe that's why I need double the love and affection. To make up for all that lost love I rightfully deserve. For once, I would also like to matter a bit.

No comments: