Instagram

17 January 2013

Baking through 2013


Creamy Chocolate Raspberry Layered Cake

For my mom's birthday this year, I attempted a Chocolate Raspberry Layered Cake for her. It was my first ever cake so I was pretty excited. Everything went smoothly at first before I overwhipped my cream, turning it into a buttery mess and things went downhill from then on. I couldn't fit my cake into the cake carrier (kinda blame the carrier for being small) and the chocolate ganache created a beautiful puddle along the rims. Had to leave the cake at home for dinner and bought a replacement one at a local bakery to please the relatives. Came home to a homemade cake with over-sweetened frosting but honestly, who really cares? It's my first cake and I'm pretty damn proud of it. Happy Birthday Mom.

---

If you're thinking of getting me a gift this year, I would really appreciate a/an

1. Handheld Mixer with Double Beater (speed control friendly)
2. Home Espresso Machine equipped with milk steamer and double drip
3. Rotating Cake Stand (white or clear)
4. Food thermometer
5. Standard glass mixing bowls
6. Classic Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons
7. Offset spatulas (for decorating cakes with)
8. Cake stands (white or clear)
9. Pies and Tarts baking tins / Bundt Pans
10. Blowtorch

or any other baking/food related goodies. (:

No comments: