Instagram

02 September 2012

Beauty | August Favourites - MAC Paint Pot in Nubile, Benefit's Flatter Me


For this month, my MOST-WORN products on my eyes have to be these 2 products. I literally use them every single day without fail. My favourite makeup products have definitely got to be paint pots or cream eyeshadows just simply because they are extremely fuss-free and on days where you are running late, you can just swipe them on your lids with a finger and go.


On the left is MAC's Paint Pot in Nubile. This paint pot is a limited edition paint pot from the Posh Paradise Collection sometime late last year. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Look at how much use I've gotten out of it. It comes off slightly nude and has a slight sheen of sparkle to it just to add dimension to an otherwise 'boring' color. To some, it may seem like money wasted, but it's an absolute gem to any makeup lover. It's a staple and I will swear by it. Gonna be so sad when I eventually run out of it. Then maybe it's time for me to try out MAC's painterly or hope that MAC does a re-promote on it so I can stash away 5 of it lol.

On the right, you have Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in the shade Flatter Me. It is a warm pinkish hue with gold and silver sparkle in it. The color payoff is amazing and the formulation is great. It has a very creamy consistency and not drying at all. Definitely shows up opaque on eyelids. I also have two more of Benefit's Crease Cream Eyeshadows in the shade Birthday Suit (Taupe with shimmer) and Skinny Jeans (Dark Brown with shimmer). I used to wear Birthday Suit to death as well. As you can tell, I'm clearly in love with their cream eyeshadows.


I really like both their packaging as well. The Nubile paint pot has a net weight of 0.17 oz and Flatter Me has a net weight of 0.16oz. Both are stored in a glass container with a plastic cap. In terms of size, Benefit's crease cream eyeshadows are definitely flatter and more compact but it does not really make a difference if you eventually throw them into your makeup purse. Both of these have great staying power. I have extremely oily lids and the combination of Nubile paint pot underneath Flatter Me makes for a great combination. I'm usually out the whole day sometimes since 8am and will only come home about 11pm and I'm so amazed cos it just stays on like magic and does not crease on me at all.

Highly recommend these 2 if you love paint pots like me.

Have been DYING to try the Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze but I currently only have the shade in Pomegranate Punk which is a dark raspberry color cos my friend grabbed it off the shelf for me in the U.S without checking lol. Also, it has not hit our shores in Sunny Island Singapore yet so I guess I just have to wait before snagging my hands on one.

No comments: