Instagram

08 July 2012

Random Thoughts

Okay, here's the thing I don't get.

If let's say you go to like a gathering or fancy dinner or anything and everything's great. Food's great, company's great but perhaps, let's say the weather was shit and sort of 'spoiling' it a little for you, is everyone not allowed to comment on how shit the weather is because, well, we have to bask ourselves in everything that is good otherwise? Like, I'm not supposed to channel negative thoughts, think positive ones.

I mean, I just don't get the part where "but you didn't think of all the good".
So if I'm to voice what I slightly disliked about something, does it mean that I don't appreciate everything else that came along with it? Hmm..

Take for example you went to a really nice hotel for a nice buffet. Perhaps you went there especially for their lamb chops, cos you heard all the rave about it and all. You had your meal and everything was spectacular! The ambience, the eggs benedicts, the seafood, the prawns, the desserts, the company or even that random flower arrangement at the side of the table. BUT THEN, you took a bite into the lamb chop and was expecting some sort of fireworks, but it was just, bleahhh. Won't you feel your heart sink a little? Then you leave thinking, OMG I HAD THE BEST BUFFET EVER!! (but slightly disappointed with the lamb chops)

So your friends and relatives ask you about your experience cos I mean, you probably had been talking about your favourite dish in the world (for eg, lamb chops) and can't wait to try them out. The first thing you said was maybe, Ohman, the lamb chops were bleahh. I wished it was better! Does that necessarily mean that you didn't appreciate all the rest of the other good food at the buffet?

What ever happened to voicing out how you feel without having to feel like it's a crime to do so? Because you must be demure, holy and always 'thinking of the good', 'forget and erase the bad'?

I feel like I'm supposed to feel guilty for wanting to say how I honestly felt cos it may seem like I'm not appreciating what I have. or feeling like I'm 'complaining' when it's honestly just a casual question.

No comments: