Instagram

29 August 2012

Loysel's Toy - The Coffee Crafters


LOYSEL'S TOY


Loysel's Toy has been on my cafes-to-check-out list for a while now and I finally managed to squeeze time out to make a trip down. (Also because my meeting was in the area lol) It's tucked away in an old warehouse space 10min walk from Lavender MRT station so it's not as "Ulu" as some people make it out to be. Situated near the Kallang River, it is a nice spot to chill out on a lazy afternoon, away from the hustle and bustle of busy Singaporean life.


A sister franchise of the good people behind Papa Palheta and the recently opened Chye Seng Huat Hardware, these are definitely coffee brewers who know their stuff when it comes to handling coffee. To be honest, I'm not what you would term as - acquainted with the methods of brewing coffee so I can't provide much intel on that. I have been putting off my signing up of Barista courses to be frank simply cos I haven't found and know that now isn't the right time yet to get started on that. Probably end of the year (: What I do know is that, the baristas here are definitely passionate about their coffee.


Was trying to get J to appreciate good coffee. Seriously, all I ever think about when I get out of bed these days is just coffee. I can hear voices in my head while I'm brushing my teeth yearning me to drink coffee. -_- I actually do make it a point to ask for a cup of coffee whenever I'm at a student's place teaching and sometimes, I would probably have had 4 cups of coffee in a day. It's become so blown out of proportions that I now remember which household serves better coffee, even though it's 3-in-1. Should definitely ask them which brand of instant mix is that. LOL.

Both the cappuccino and latte I got were $4.50 per cup.


Ordered a chocolate croissant on the side just to fill our tummies a little before heading for dinner. The chocolate croissant had a very flaky skin which is great! But not so great when the fan was blasting wind and the flakes were literally flying all over the place except into our mouths ): I personally find it weird to be eating a croissant with a knife and fork. I find it so much easier and less of a hassle to pick it up and bite into it. Probably less demure in doing that but it's just what makes eating it so enjoyable.


The croissant had a sweet buttery taste but in my opinion, I still really love the chocolate croissants from Delifrance. Practically grew up eating them for breakfasts.

Loysel's Toy also serve some delectable cakes and other pastries. Apart from these, they also have a great selection of food items on the menu ranging from Brunch choices such as Eggs Benedict to Beef wraps and Crabmeat pasta. My appetite started kicking in when I saw how generous their food portions were. 


They also sell these really cute Hotchocspoon which contains chocolate and a shot of cognac or irish whisky in it. Basically you warm up your milk and you just stir in the chocolate with the injected shot of alcohol and you have your very own hot chocolate served with an alcoholic twist! (:

LOYSEL'S TOY
66 Kampong Bugis, #01-02 Singapore 338987
Tel: 65 6292 2306
Website: brew@loyselstoy.com
Opening Hours: (Tues to Fri) 9am - 6pm (Sat & Sun) 9am - 730pm


Took a stroll along the river after that. Really thankful it didn't rain on our parade that day as I did not have a brolly with me that day and we'll be stuck in the middle of nowhere without shelter. Now thinking back on it, it was quite surreal that I managed to find time to pause, breathe and enjoy moments of life for an afternoon. (definitely not without painful reshuffling of classes here and there but totally worth it) (:


This old man was sitting facing the river and listening to classic oldies on what I would presume to be his casette player of sorts. It could be a normal handphone for all I know haha but I saw him clicking on buttons at the top of the device.


Moment of the day:
J wanted to draw out $100 but accidentally keyed in an extra '0' so out came a thousand dollars. So hilarious when he had to pass me a wad of cash for safekeeping in my bag LOL!




Bought the dress from a local designer boutique in Sydney and I adore the chiffon drapery along the back with the translucent sides of the shoulder-padded dress. Got it at a steal! It was probably less than a hundred Aussie. (:

1 comment:

ღ 關於我 - Masako ღ said...

U very pretty.. :) I feel like want to go :)