Instagram

28 August 2011

Coffee Bean Breakfast


J and I woke up bright and early one morning to have breakfast at Coffee Bean. I had a 1-1 breakfast voucher due to expire on National Day itself and I can't let it go un-used. Anyway, they had quite a varied choice of 8 breakfast sets and are all inclusive of refillable coffee/tea. We had the Eggs Benedicts set and the Brek'O'day set. Prices range from $4.90 to $8 per set, which I thought was pretty worth it as compared to breakfast sets that were going at $20+.


This was the Brek'O'day set which was very similar to your big breakfast sets. There were no bacon on the set though, to cater to all race groups. Overall, I think it was quite a hearty set comprising of scrambled eggs, 2 sausages, toasts and leafy greens that were sprinkled with nuts. I'm not good at telling nuts apart from one another, but I love the nuts that they were using! It's the ones that you always find in ice-cream desserts as well.

Speaking of which, I'm craving for a warm chocolate cake right now.



This was the eggs ben set and the poached egg was drizzled in Hollandaise sauce stacked above a ham and toast. I am a sucker for light and fluffy bread and this was not bad. Their greens were overly soaked though, due to the sauce, leaving them far behind their state of crisp. I am not sure of how GOOD hollandaise sauce tastes like as I've not tasted many but as compared to the one I tasted at Choupinette at Bukit Timah, this was lighter in texture and J seemed to like this better. He thought the one at Choupinette was too over-powering.



Egg could have been more runny but I was fine with it in this state. (:

It was a pretty good deal as we got both sets at around $7.50 since it was a 1-for-1 value. What I like about their sets is also that their coffees and teas come in huge cups. I like the idea of drinking coffee from a wide cup like the ones they have. You have to use both hands to cup it in order to drink it and I just like the idea of doing that as it gives me a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

In addition, their breakfasts are served all-day! Meaning, you don't have to purposely wake up in the morning just to enjoy it. (We had to cos both of us had to go to work) I love the invention of whole-day breakfast sets!

No comments: