Instagram

22 July 2011

Two Chefs Eating Place


We had an impromptu supper arrangement one night with Ivan, Kel and Mel. I was really hungry as I haven't been eating the entire day due to work and I was craving for some crab at a Zi Char stall. Jesse recommended us to this place tucked in a secluded spot in Commonwealth. They are apparently famous for their drunken cockles.

Drunken Cockles - $6

I do not eat cockles but the two boys seem very pleased with the taste of it. Apparently, you can even taste the blood of the cockle :/ I do not for the life of me understand how is that supposed to be appetizing. But I'm guessing how some people like their steak slightly bloody, this would perhaps be falling back on the same logic.

Deep Fried Oat Prawns - $15

I was wondering why this tasted slightly different from the rest of the other cereal prawns I've been eating. Could it be that it was 'OAT' instead of 'CEREAL'? Turns out I was probably right, even though I'm still not entirely sure. I went to google the difference between oat and cereal, and assuming that oat is oatmeal, apparently, oat and cereal have different tastes. Cereal contains higher sodium content, higher protein content, higher sugar content and greater amounts of calories as compared to oat. On the other hand, oat contains more fats and saturated fats and also greater fibre content. Guess cereal is probably the better choice?

Omelette (Fu Yong Dan) - $5

Fried Rice - $3

This is one HUGE plate of fried rice, easily worth $5, and I can't believe I ate up everything. You must be wondering where is the crab. Well, (very very sadly), they didn't have Salted Egg Yolk Crab. My all-time favourite ): They have their signature butter crab but I was the only one eating the crab and if it wasn't Salted Egg Yolk Crab, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to finish it. Hence, decided to leave the crab affair till another day. Crabs there cost $23 per crab, which is pretty affordable.

There were many old uncles sitting around and chilling and the neighbourhood was very quiet and serene. Nice place to have a late supper at night although they switch off their lights during closing hours and stop taking in orders for drinks.


Two Chefs Eating Place is located at 
Blk 116, Commonwealth Crescent
#01-129 Singapore 140116
Tel: 6472 5361
Opening Hours:
1130am - 230pm, 5pm - 1130pm

No comments: