Instagram

27 July 2011

Arnold's Fried Chicken


Last Thursday, Corinne and I went down to City Plaza to hang out bright and early in the morning. I suggested eating at Arnold's Fried Chicken as we were early and there wasn't any queue forming outside the fast-food restaurant yet. The last time and the many other times I was there, I never knew why and what the fascination was about this place because I always see a queue snaking out from their tiny space in the corner. So it was our turn to give it a shot!


This is Corinne's way of saying Hi. Anyways, I am very proud of her for waking up so early in the morning considering the fact that she has been waking up mid-afternoons for quite some time.


Their counter filled with lots of takeaway orders 5minutes after the shop has opened.


I think the best part about their delivery system is that they provide special packages that are not available in the restaurant itself, enticing people to order takeaways instead. They have 3 branches but the main branch is at City Plaza. They are Halal Certified and the company has been helping organizations and various mosques to raise funds and do their part for charity so it is no-wonder that many muslims are seen dining at Arnold's.

The man that was taking my order got it wrong and he gave me a chicken drumstick and wing when I asked for thigh and drum. That is my favourite combination of chicken parts whenever I order from KFC or Popeyes. I got it changed and in the end, I got a thigh and wing instead. Got slightly annoyed but decided to just settle with it and resist myself from kicking up a fuss about it. I am that particular about my chicken parts. (haha)


Their chicken tasted fragrant and good. It was very juicy, which is an aspect I love in chicken. It has a taste that is unique from KFC and Popeyes and I cant really describe it. I can't really describe the difference between chickens from KFC and chickens from Popeyes either. I usually term it as just 'different'. Not very helpful in describing the taste eh?

I think my absolute favourite chicken wings must be from Golden Rooster, also dotingly known as 'Ke Ai Ji' to most students. The way their chicken wings come out from their fryer is absolutely delish especially when paired with their chili sauce! I am so lucky I have Golden Rooster just a street away from my place.

Anyway, Corinne and I did some shopping and we managed to shop around the place for almost 4 hours. We saw a group of aunties going crazy over bra-stickers, also known as stickers that are supposed to push up and enhance your breasts. We got very curious because they were making so much noise and found out what they were so excited about. We even saw glow-in-the-dark nipple tapes haha.


My next lesson was at Toa Payoh and I had some time to kill when I got there so I decided to take some photos of the on-going kite display at the HDB Hub plaza. The way some of these kite-flyers maneuver their kites are quite amazing and worth the watch. Others were just plain boring. I think the music choice was very important in enhancing the display as well. One of them played Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On'. Talk about dramatic! (and then now, you imagine the kites flying with the tune of the song)


 


This event was to promote the 2011 Singapore's Kite Festival organized by act3 International. It will be held on 3 September 2011 and 4 September 2011, Saturday and Sunday respectively, at popular beaches like East Coast, open spaces such as Marina Barrage and across various fields in the heartlands of our country. I totally missed out on last year's event. Maybe I should try to make it for this one?




An angmoh kite flyer! From Australia if I'm not wrong...

 


It was a heartening sight to see heartlanders gathering around the plaza to watch this kite display. A sight you rarely see these days. Today whilst I was there, Watsons was having a sale and they were giving out free cushions to the first 100 person in line. You can see all the aunties and uncles rushing to queue up for free cushions. Even the emcee had to remind them to stop queueing up as 100 cushions have already been given out today and to ask them to try their luck again tomorrow. Very heartlander/Singaporean behaviour.


Arnold's Fried Chicken is located at
(Main Branch)
City Plaza
810 Geylang Road, City Plaza #02-99
Singapore 409286
Tel: 6746 2372
Delivery Hotline: 6-ARNOLDS/ 6-2766537
Email: admin@arnoldsfriedchicken.com
Website: www.arnoldsfriedchicken.com
Opening Hours:
1130am to 10pm Daily
*Delivery Last Order at 945pm

No comments: