Instagram

26 June 2012

Harry Potter Exhibition + Andy Warhol


A few days before flying off to Sydney, J and I went for the HARRY POTTER EXHIBITION! Yay. I was pretty excited for it because it's been a great series and I'm quite obsessed with anything magical-like. This is the grand entrance to the ArtScience Museum at MBS.


J was working nearby so he made a trip down to MBS a few days prior to buy the tickets as they were discounted if you bought them from the MBS counter itself. Pretty good deal if you ask me. This offer is only entitled to Singaporeans only unfortunately.



We aren't exactly allowed photos in the exhibition so I didn't take any. I TRIED to take ONE photo of the awesome Quidditch display in one of the shelves but I got caught by one of the 'elves' lol. She was actually being pretty rude about it and talked to me in an extremely demanding tone. She insisted to see all my photos I have taken as well before the Quidditch photo and I had to delete them in front of her. (too bad it was really only the Quidditch photo I took) Felt like I was being put in detention for a moment or so. I mean, okay, I'm probably at fault for sneaking a photo, but do you have to be so rude about it?? Sheesh!


I did manage to take a photo of this cute owl though at the 'Gringots' shop. It's so adorable! You can even move it's head 360 degrees. Pretty pricey though if not I would have totally gotten it. Kinda regretted not getting a wand as well.


The photo they took of us before we entered the exhibition. J bought the photo for me even though he looked weird cos the scarf was too short on him LOL.


Also made it to the Andy Warhol exhibition which I was expecting a lot more than what I got to see in the exhibition hall. ):



It was a pretty good experience. The props were impeccably displayed although I'm doubting the authenticity of some of them (if they were direct from the show itself). Definitely an exhibition worth visiting. And if you're intending to get yourself lots of paraphernalia, be prepared to bring lots of cash with you.

These are what I got though:





A chocolate frog and 'Dobby is a free elf' mug. Loved the drawing of Dobby on the mug so I couldnt resist despite having tons of mugs at home already..

No comments: