Instagram

14 May 2012

Pique Nique


Spent a quiet afternoon having Brunch at Pique Nique. Have wanted to try out some items on their menu for a while so I've decided to start out with their brunch items. Shall move on to their burgers and sides the next trip.


Pique Nique at Taka has taken over the lone spot where Mcdonalds used to be. I think they've recently franchised to include one at Jcube if I'm not wrong. It's a very quaint place with nice girly decor which I adore.

 

Their cappuccino $5 is not bad and I would say the aroma is quite fragrant as well. I'm not a very picky coffee drinker so as long as there's a decent shot of Espresso in the coffee, I'M GOOD. Coffee makes the world go round.


Cais and I both got the Classic Eggs Benedict $12. It comes with an English muffin, Paris ham, 2 poached eggs with hollandaise sauce and Pique Nique's fries.


It's definitely pretty unusual for Eggs Benedict to come with fries so that's a first. The portions are quite decent, especially incorporating that much starch in the dish. I would say that the hollandaise sauce is really great! Slightly tangy but not too thick as well, just the right consistency. Runny egg yolks - check! I think the ham they use is probably normal picnic ham so nothing too great about that. But overall, the eggs were good.




Pique Nique is located at
391A Orchard Road
Ngee Ann City Tower A B1-01
Singapore 238873
Tel: 6238 6705

No comments: