Instagram

16 September 2011

Ah Yat Kitchen

J and I went to eat at Ah Yat Kitchen @ Tradehub21 via a coupon voucher thingum. I think they had 75% off their crabs or something so we decided to try out their crabs and order some other dishes to go along with it. Anyways, if you know the name 'tradehub', you are a west-ie. It's located very near Jurong East, on the road between Clementi and JE. They also have a 24 hours McDonalds there and a drive-through Sakae Sushi at Tradehub! How cool is that. Obviously, I don't usually drive in, I normally just drive past it to get to my grandma's place.


Tucked away at a corner and not many people were there that night. Not sure if it's a common occurrence because I always had this impression that Ah Yat was a 6.5 on the scale factor 1 - 10 for seafood.



Crispy baby squid with honey sauce; $12

Baby squids are honestly not one of my favourites but J loves them. I don't dislike the taste of them like I dislike the taste of Broccoli, it's just something that I will not purposely pick out of a menu to order if I had the choice.


Sweet and Sour pork with Pineapples; $12

This was one of the chef's recommendations and it was pretty good, but I like the sweet and sour pork by  the Paradise Group better. I still can't get the softness of the pork out of my head.


Poached Matrimony Vine with Assorted Egg and Egg Yolk; $12

I am currently obsessed with vegetables in superior stock mixed with century eggs and egg yolks. YUMMO! I usually select spinach for the vege but they didn't use spinach in this and I have no idea what's a matrimony vine. Sounds like a complicated vegetable and I'm too lazy to google it. This dish is clearly a win-win because I get to eat what I normally do not eat alot of - vegetables, with the one thing I love the most - EGGS! And the stock. Omg. I always treat them like soup



Chili Crab Alaska King Crab

The original price for this is in the $60-$70 range but we got it at $20. I guess that's like 1/3 the actual price. It was quite worth it because the king crab is friggin huge! Their claws had so much meat in them. J is super experience at shelling crabs I swear. His crab meat always come out as one chunk of meat while mine comes out in scraps.


I wanted mantous for the crab too so we ordered them. I love mantous!

Overall, it was a decent meal and we were so full after that! Took a short stroll to Macs before heading back home. Their food is worth a try. I believe they have many other outlets island-wide as well.

Ah Yat Kitchen is located at 
8 Boon Lay Way
#01-35, Tradehub 21
Tel: +65 6316 3885

No comments: