Instagram

08 April 2012

Spruce


I have never visited Spruce up till last week! Have heard many things good and bad about the place before my trip there. Spruce is located pretty near town at Phoenix Park and definitely a hangout for many residents living around that area. I've heard that they are pretty famous for their brunch so I should go back soon to try out their brunch specials sometime soon.


This is the walkway leading into Spruce


A photo of my nails at the moment. It is an AWESOME duo-chrome shade that displays different colors when you tilt your fingers side to side. The spectrum of colors are from a bright turquoise color to a deep violet. I LOVE IT. <3 It is one of those crazy expensive splurges though since it's a shade that was sold out probably years ago and I had to bid for it.


Wore my skater skirt dress from H&M and a new clutch from Dorothy Perkins where the salesgirl so convinced me to buy it I swear. Anyway, these are splurges from last month! I have been very diligent and keeping to my April resolution of trying not to spend on material stuff. So far, it's been going great I must say. I have only bought 1 item which is the Laniege Snow Water Sleeping Pack even though I still have quite a lot of it left but it was a limited edition and the packaging - I couldn't resist. Saw it on a magazine and have been wanting it. Furthermore, it was on sale for $10+ off.


Gathered round with a few friends for dinner that night.


Orecchiette served with Chopped Sea Prawn in Zucchini and Garlic Cream
$22



I was trying to be pretty weary of what I was going to order since many reviews have black-listed some items on their menu. By black-listing, I simply just mean bad reviews of the same dish over and over again so I was basically just trying to avoid those. I've read that this pasta dish was not bad and that there was slight pesto so the sauce was green-base. I'm normally a firm believer that pasta shouldn't be green in color lol so I never liked pesto base pastas cos they somehow look unappealing to me. (you're talking to someone who will pay extra for packaging -_-)

This was not bad. It wasn't mind-blowingly great but it gets a 3 out of 5 in my books. The pasta was slightly on the hard side. I wasn't sure if it was just my plate of pasta but my friend ordered the same dish as well and hers was pretty hard too. Or it could be them cooking the pasta at the same time since we ordered them together. I generally prefer my pasta slightly softer. What I really liked about the dish was the prawns. They were pretty flavorful and paired really nicely with the sauce that wasn't too thick and overpowering. It was a nice consistency.


Cais ordered the Spruce Ahi Tuna Tartar served with freshly toasted Ciabatta and Fresh Avocado, $21. Both this dish and my pasta dish had the 'Recommended' initials beside the item on the menu. I'm not a fan of rare dishes so I didn't dare to try hers but I believe she commented that it was not bad.

The rest ordered the Roasted "Pullet" Chicken, $23 and were saying it was pretty good too. 


For desserts, we got a really good chocolate cake. I wanna bake a layered chocolate cake soon!



The ambience of the place was pretty serene as it was a Sunday and it wasn't so packed. Would imagine that if it were packed, the place would have been pretty noisy. It's one of those very chillax places and good for a first date I would say.


A last photo to end off the post.
Looking to go back soon with J maybe and order some of the other items on the menu. (:


Spruce is located at
320 Tanglin Road,
Phoenix Park, Singapore 247980
Tel: +65 6836 5528

No comments: