Instagram

22 April 2012

Picnic with the Hamsters!


Okay, I'm really tired somehow as I'm putting up this post because I have been surviving on 2 hours of sleep since yesterday and have been up since 645am till right now. Today was an extremely lovely day because I spent an awesome afternoon with J and my mom brewed bird's nest for me (:

So last Saturday, a few of us went for a picnic at Botanical Gardens! The point was for us to bring our hamsters along as well so that the hammies could get to meet each other and become playmates lol. I woke up bright and early that day as well, about 7am to prepare food. I think halfway while preparing some things, I went to the sofa to sit and ended up falling asleep for a while before waking up to continue again lol. Had to go the market to buy some stuff as well.

You must be thinking that I'm crazy for waking up so early but I had to teach a class so I won't be at home from 9 - 12noon and picnic is supposed to be at 2pm. 2 hours is definitely not enough to get anything done and furthermore I also had to shower and get ready.


I was so hardworking about the picnic, I started brainstorming for food items to bring for it 2 weeks before haha. Making lists is definitely one of my many hobbies


The grocery list that I religiously stuck to but still busted a good $60 on it because of the prawns. Prawn! Why you so expensive!


I am and always will be a planner at heart.

Despite planning, I was literally worried I didn't have enough time to prepare and ended up being laughed at by my uncle and aunty cos they think I'm crazy and insisted I should just buy some food from the hawker center. Cannot! I refuse. Must hone my cooking and baking skills too.


We ended up meeting at 3pm instead cos it started pouring really badly everywhere in Singapore. I'm coming from the west, Co's from the east, Xw from the North so literally everywhere was raining.


Nugget and Pancake's Crib!

 


Picnic Basket
This is possibly the first time I was using it ever since I've gotten it. Got it from a thrift store for $25-$30! It was literally tucked in a nook of the shop and I was glad I spotted it. I've had it in my Haji Lane days (2007-2009?). Yes it's been that long lol.


As you can see, the basket was surprisingly sturdy and was able to hold so many containers! They fit so perfectly into it as well I was secretly giving myself a pat on the back for having the stars align.


FOOD! (and Hamburger.)

If you think about it, our hamsters are named Nugget, Pancake and Hamburger so they are also food items lol. Okay not funny because there was one day I was cooking instant noodles and microwaving some frozen nuggets, and J brought Nugget right infront of me and wanted to microwave him too ): (He's kidding by the way but it's not funny! haha)


Cereal Prawns

Do view the food journal post for it HERE


Cheese Sausage Onion Rosti


Honey BBQ Drumlets


Banana Chocolate Cupcakes with Walnuts

For the 3 above mentioned dishes, you can view my food journal post HERE


Corinne made some No-bake Cheese Cake! The cream cheese wasn't quite as thick as normal cheese cakes I guess but I'm thinking it must definitely be less sinful. The crust was not bad actually. It might be a good alternative for people who want a possibly healthier alternative to cheese cakes maybe?



Pancake smelling the flowers



"Hi! Let's be friends!"


The girls and our hamsters (:




Aww. Hammie <3



These up-close shots of the hamsters are taken with Co's Canon. That's Pancake!


Hamburger


and a very fat but good-looking Pancake




Some mandatory group shots that we took



I kinda like this photo despite it being blur lol


Thanks for helping out with grocery shopping, chipping in and being my sous chef dear! <3


We also went to visit the famous tree at Botanical Gardens



Wei hao being tall and strong and managed to lift Xw all the way up onto the branch. It was really quite high! I didn't dare to climb all the way up :/


I was sitting on the slanted part of the trunk so I had to tilt sideways if not I keep feeling myself sliding down haha. Don't even think it's supposed to be called a trunk but calling it a branch is so weird as well since it will be such a thick branch.


I like this photo of us (:





Wei Hao torturing Xw again by lifting her up on a branch and leaving her there LOL.



Us at Charisse's birthday dinner later on which happened to be a buffet so we are literally stuffing our faces with food again that day, something we're really good at.

It was a good afternoon hanging out with friends and playing with our hamsters. J was really keen on getting either Pancake or Nugget to mate with Hamburger but I think they more or less end up fighting and squealing at each other instead LOL. I have some video footage of the picnic and will load it into a clip when I have the time. (:

No comments: