Instagram

19 April 2012

Honey BBQ Drumlets, Cheese Sausage Onion Rosti & Banana Chocolate Cupcakes


My homemade marinated Honey BBQ drumlets! I used quite a few ingredients for this marinade and left the drumlets soak in it overnight. Went to the supermarket to get a new bottle of honey and the taste of this honey is so much better than the pure one I have at home.


These are pretty simple because you just have to take them out of the fridge and place them into a roasting pan and place them into the oven for about 10-15min. I was supposed to set them on grill but I didn't had time cos my rosti was cooking together as well so I decided to just place them on normal heat for slightly longer, turning them now and then to make sure they're all cooked through.


I served this with a Mango puree dip and it went pretty well with it! YUMS. Must be cos of the wonderful combination of honey and mango. They taste great on their own as well and definitely worth making it another time for some other event.


My cheese sausage and onion rosti. I had a hard time with those potatoes man LOL. I was supposed to GRATE THEM but I didn't have a good grater to grate them to the size I wanted so I placed them in the processor to slice them and continued on to cutting them into strips. -_- Thank god J arrived at that moment and helped to cut.


I'm not very acquired to eating Rosti even when I'm outside so I'm not entirely sure how Rosti should taste like but I think these potatoes needed slightly more seasoning. Other than that, they're pretty edible and the fried onion taste was really helpful to the texture of the rosti. Cheese sausages are good too! They're bought from J's aunt who sells all sorts of frozen sausages from Cheese sausages to Bacon wrap sausages to Basil sausages!


My very proud first attempt at a Banana Chocolate cupcake.


I think it's very important to use fresh bananas for this and it really helped with the flavour. Not going into the nitty gritty stuff of adding ingredients and all that but if you're fast on your feet, these ingredients should take only about 20-30 min to prepare and mix into your batter. I can hereby swear off Betty Crocker's mix now. Making from scratch is so much more fun. Not that I always use Betty Crocker since I never had an oven till last year but the first time I made a brownie, I remember using a Betty Crocker Mix at Abi's 6th avenue house.


J thought that these were the best out of all the dishes I made that day :D






Spot the walnut bits?

My next mission is to try baking a good old chocolate cake (:

No comments: