Instagram

18 April 2012

Cereal Prawns, Sticky Honey and Mustard Drumlets & Double Chocolate Chip Cookies


Cereal Prawns are literally one of my favourite Zi Char dishes! Have been wanting to cook this for quite a while now, and by a while I meant possibly a year ago. Finally got down to cooking them! This was one random night when one of my classes got cancelled so I went home early and decided to buy some prawns from the supermarket and make cereal prawns.

This was a pretty simple dish I must say. Requires about 10min prep time and 15 min of cooking time? Super quick and fast.


It was really yummy and possibly one of my If I don't know what to make for dinner, I shall make Cereal Prawns kind of dish.


Tried using another Cereal mix to cook some cereal prawns for the picnic I went to one Saturday. I bought more prawns than usual and gosh, fresh prawns are really hefty in cost. :/ This cereal mix turned out much saltier than the previous try so I would stick to the cereal mix I used prior.


Another night, I decided to embark on making some self-marinated drumlets. This was the sticky honey and mustard marinade and I didn't marinade them for very long because the recipe stated so :/ BAD IDEA. Should have marinated them overnight, it really helps to get the flavours deep into the meat of the chicken.


Sadly, I didn't think that these were as satisfying even though the meat was cooked through. The flavours weren't that sunken in and I somehow didn't like the honey I used. It was a pure honey bottle we bought at a honey farm LOL.



Dough mix for my Double Chocolate Chip cookies! A few of us decided to come over to play MJ on one rainy Saturday so I decided to make cookies! This is possibly my first attempt at making cookies. I was so hardworking I went for tuition early in the morning, drove to the old jurong market in search of white chocolate chips and bought lunch for my mom and J.



The batter before going into the oven.


What I can learn from this is that cookie batters EXPAND in the oven lol. But these larger cookies are surprisingly the more crunchy ones.


I tried to make another batch of smaller cookies and they didn't turn out as crispy though.


They taste really home-made and omg, Famous Amos HOW DO YOU DO IT!
Was back from watching a Bobby Flay throwdown on making cookies and the cookies that these 2 ladies make are so simply divine!

No comments: