Instagram

30 March 2012

Mac and Cheese & Chicken Roulades stuffed with Cheese

I've decided to start a new series of blog posts here just to give myself some moral boost that will inspire me to cook more. I like cooking and taking pictures of food. Double win! Except, my family is being really unsupportive of my cooking cos they only tend to eat chinese food and my parents are the kind of people that will go to the SAME restaurant every week and order the SAME dishes.

So now, I'm only really cooking when J comes over and there's at least 4 hours to spare. Kinda hard to find time like that really.


J became my sous chef lol. I got him to help me mince garlic, slice chicken chops and dice tomatoes. Must say he did a pretty good job at that. (: HAHA. I wrote 'he did a pretty good chop at that' initially before I realised the typo.


J came over to surprise me with... himself. Nah, he came over to see our hamsters and to help change the bedding for them. Aww. I went on a whim and just said that I felt like cooking and so I did. Decided to make some Mac and Cheese and Chicken Roulades stuffed with Cheese that day. First time cooking them so it was pretty exciting since I didn't know how it would turn out.



This was the Mac and Cheese before it went into the oven. Layered some extra cheddar on the top to give it a superb cheesy crust!


Tadah! Chicken Roulades with Cheese Filling. They are essentially chicken chops with cheese on them and I wrapped them up with a slice of bacon. The recipe said Chicken Breasts but I went ahead with chicken chops since the supermarket didn't had any available. Good decision though! Chicken chops tend to be more tender. Popped some cherry tomatoes in there as well.



J said they were really good so they must be (:
But they're really sinful though, I mean, bacon and cheese itself is already a sinful combination. Plus, we had them with Mac and Cheese LOL. MORE CHEESE!



So glad with how they turned out!


I cooked enough servings for 4 people and we finished most of it and reserved a bowl for J's mom. After eating one entire bowl, I was SO STUFFED. Not even kidding. I think 3/4 of the heart-shaped bowl is enough to fill you up. The bowl is cute right? I got them from Shanghai for $2. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.


The crust had amazing texture and it was so crispy and cheesy! <3 I had to portion out my crust nicely so I could have some of them with every bite I took. There was supposed to be fried bread crumbs to sprinkle on top of our Mac and Cheese as well but they turned out burnt. Guess who's responsible for that? haha. Had to take a shower so I entrusted J with pan frying breadcrumbs which you think cannot go wrong but it can. LOL.



Hope that made you hungry!

No comments: